A pleasure to drive (6 Cyl)
By Papparaz on
2006 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I test drove a 4Runner and an MDX. The Cayenne was just too fun to pass up. I bought used from a dealer who provided additional 2 years CPO warranty. The tiptronic in manual mode gives adequate pep but my wife's Avalon is still faster 0-60. Passes well on the highway. Exhaust note is a nice touch - except when listening to music. No tow bar installed yet but it is planned so hope there is enough power. The park assist option is both handy and annoying but it can be turned off by pushing a button. Everyone seems to agree the cup holders are too small. Can idle rough after cold start if fuel < 93 octane. Overall I just love driving this vehicle and have had no problems after 3 months.
Favorite Features
The most comfortable and supportive car seats. Power seat w/memory provides perfect driver position. I don't have the expensive entry/exit ease option. I just use another seat memory position. Already at a perfect height for me to get in/out. Exhaust note. Bi-xenons. Rain-sensing wipers.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger cup holders. Allow cruise <30 kph to avoid tickets. Tiptronic goes through middle gears too quickly. Power boost option for those who need more from their 6 cyl. Allow rear door unlock with vehicle running. Rain sensing wipers seem inconsistent in sensing rain but its not a problem for me.