Very good, but had too high expectations
By MYCAY on
2006 Porsche Cayenne 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
I agree with the previous posts about light bulbs and transmission, and would add that the V6 is terribly underpowered esp. for the fuel economy. I just had one blinker bulb changed at the dealer at a cost of $80. It's not something I want to play around with myself in this car... the entire headlight assembly has to be removed to change any bulb. The engine is sadly underpowered but the transmission itself is enough to almost ruin the driving experience. I completely agree with the other reviewer who said this Japanese-made tranny does not do the job. I often wonder how Porsche engineers ever thought this engine/tranny combo was worthy of the Porsche badge because, in my opinion, it's not.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, satisfying fit and finish, unique style that impresses and pleases in a high-quality, understated way. The suspension is wonderful for a vehicle of this size, IF you live far enough south to have decently paved roads!
Suggested Improvements
New, German engineered transmission is needed! And please stop selling the base V6 unless the power and economy can be very significantly improved. I haven't driven the '08-plus model; hopefully that addresses this issues.