Used 2006 Porsche Cayenne Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Very good, but had too high expectations
By MYCAY

2006 Porsche Cayenne 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I agree with the previous posts about light bulbs and transmission, and would add that the V6 is terribly underpowered esp. for the fuel economy. I just had one blinker bulb changed at the dealer at a cost of $80. It's not something I want to play around with myself in this car... the entire headlight assembly has to be removed to change any bulb. The engine is sadly underpowered but the transmission itself is enough to almost ruin the driving experience. I completely agree with the other reviewer who said this Japanese-made tranny does not do the job. I often wonder how Porsche engineers ever thought this engine/tranny combo was worthy of the Porsche badge because, in my opinion, it's not.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, satisfying fit and finish, unique style that impresses and pleases in a high-quality, understated way. The suspension is wonderful for a vehicle of this size, IF you live far enough south to have decently paved roads!

Suggested Improvements

New, German engineered transmission is needed! And please stop selling the base V6 unless the power and economy can be very significantly improved. I haven't driven the '08-plus model; hopefully that addresses this issues.

Best SUV on the Market
By Asif Matin

2006 Porsche Cayenne 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best SUV in this class. Every dollar is worth it. Before I bought this, I drove a BMW X5 and a Mercedes ML 350. They do not compare to the Cayenne. Its gas mileage is excellent. This is the best SUV you can get.

Favorite Features

This truck is super fast and the interior is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics / Computer