The Homing Pigeon
By Andrew C on
2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)
The Porsche Cayenne S has great driveability for an SUV but sadly we call ours the Homing Pigeon because it spends so much time in the dealer shop. Mostly small warning light problems but also an amazing number of recalls - I think 6 to date, mostly software upgrades. We now have a home in the Canadian boonies and unreliability plus no spare means this car is to be changed for a Lexus LX 470 To be fair the Toronto service shop has been well above average in looking after us but at the end of the day I want the car on the road, not in the shop. BTW the 19" tires are just horrible in snow - I bought an 18" set of rims and dedicated winter Scorpions and then she was great.
Favorite Features
Driveability. But then my Cooper S is faster, handles better than even a 911, is much more fun and a third the price.
Suggested Improvements
Improve folding of rear seats which is a pain - remove [heavy and awkward cargo cover, remove three headrests [nowhere to store them] and then learn the knack of flipping the seats back up and forward. Mine managed to destroy the rear seat leather by impaling on the static seatbelt end.