2005 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Review: Porsche SUV Fills Out my Garag

2005 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (4.5L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Porsche SUV Fills Out my Garage
By jminco on

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Every year when winter sets in and I put in storage my 911 Carrera 4S I would wish I could find an SUV that would drive similar to my 911 and at last I have. Not to be confused with the performance of a 911 the Cayenne S fills out my seasonal needs better then the 5 other SUV's I have owned, which include (2) Toyota Land Cruisers, Lexus Lx 470, and (2) BMW X5's. The handling and performance are Porsche familiar. I to was an advocate of Porsche not building an SUV until I got one as a loaner during service on my 911, that very next day I purchased one for myself. I would recommend any true Porsche fan to try one on before you judge it on the Porsche Legacy alone.

Love the dash layout, ride is just tight enough to convey it's performance and light enough for long hauls. Also love the low end performace and sound of the engine.

Seats are a little narrow for real long trips. exhuast tips on the S should match the Turbo's the round ou the rear end better. Rear hatch should be opend and lowered via the remote this could be an option but would be a nice feature I would pay for.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review