One Zesty Pepper
By CrimsonPepper on
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)
This is my first Porsche but not my first SUV. Have had the Yukon, Acura MDX, Lexus LX 470, Cadillac Escalade and desired something sporty with SUV traits. I test drove an S but wanted the extra punch of the Turbo. The dealership worked hard to meet my price demands and satisfaction. This truck is very controllable at all speeds (even at 120). Its engine begs to cowl for you and to be driven fast. I would not advise the Turbo for my wife or a soccer Mom...stick with the S or V6. Mine has burned about a quart of oil since purchase which is consistent to what dealership advised based on how often you lay into the turbo boost. My kids love being dropped off at school in it because most don't know what it is. Much fun!
Favorite Features
Engine, sound, fit, exterior curves, looks it gathers, handling, tiptronic shifter, and suspension options.
Suggested Improvements
Quirky key fob operation, touch satellite operation, larger front cup holders, turbo lag, back row seat functions are cumbersome with having to remove headrests, add additional air vents for rear.