2005 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Review: A true Porsche

2005 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

A true Porsche
By Hot Pepper on

2005 Porsche Cayenne AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My wife says this is the only SUV I could've bought; and it's true! Good performance with great handling keeps alive fine Porsche heritage. Manual 6-speed is the only way I'd buy this vehicle, just wish it'd be the V8. Not to take anything away from the Tiptronic, but this is a drivers car, shift it yourself. Not that my wife minds being a passenger - she definitely doesn't. Firm, stable, & comfortable, not floatly; just what I expected. Good hauling capacity - not the biggest in the SUV world, but just fine for our needs. Friends & neighbors love the looks & it always gets positive comments. Installed Porsche factory bike carrier on roof - no wind noise at all. Gotta drive it to enjoy it.

Favorite Features

Great front seats, excellent sound system, with aggressive exhaust system. Drives as if on rails. Heated steering wheel really nice on those cold NW days. Like the debadge & non- smoker options too! Spare now std feature. Easy vehicle to give a wash to on a sunny afternoon. Spend the money for leather :)

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats when folded snug up against back of front seats not allowing as much leg room or reclining ability as desired - especially for sleeping front passenger. Floor mats should not be an extra charge. Offer manual 6-speed on the V8 "S" model. Switch to true Porsche engine (verses VW) for V6.