2005 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Review: 7,500 Miles, so far, in My Cay

2005 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

7,500 Miles, so far, in My Cayenne Turbo
By Ginger on

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is faster than my older Porsches, but does not handle as well as a 911. On the other hand, it can cut through esses on ramps better than any vehicles other than the exotics and Porsche sports cars I encounter. The Turbo can be a little explosive, like the old 930s, but the large engine with the 457 ft pounds of torque at 2200 rpm really hides any turbo lag. I wish they would let me use it at a PCA track event.

The passenger side mirror which dips down to see the rear tire when in reverse is a favorite feature. The gadgets are all favorites, there are so many of them, it's hard to learn, for some folks. I listen to music in this Porsche, odd, the rest I listen to the car, the sound system is my last fave

I wish it was a bit more like my 911s and my 356s, it's unfortunately a heavy suv. The body roll could be reduced by a lower low setting and a stiffer sport suspension setting.