2005 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Amazing!!
By Milo on 12/20/04 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have driven my 2005 Pirsche Cayenne Turbo beyond what the average driver would and I can say that it performed flawlessly and always left me with a comfortable feeling. What a great vehicle. If you want to own a vehicle that drives like a Porsche, can out haul a 3/4 standard equipment Chevrolet, have a great sound system (its the best that Ive heard yet in any vehicle) second to none, and have power to spare, get one of these. You wont be sorry.

The good and the misleading
By bgaffney on 12/16/04 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Overall it is a good vehicle. I have had it a year and do enjoy it. This car was purchased for the safety and handling features. (I had recently been in an accident where the air bags deployed.)The handling and braking are great. I still drive my Explorer as it is easier to load things in, but if it rains this is the vehicle to be in. Unfortunately I was just notified the staged air bags that were listed on my paperwork were not available when I purchased my car (they did state that the airbags exceeded requirements but that is not enough for me). I am very concerned about that and will look for another vehicle that offers that feature. I have owned Porsches since 1964. I get 16 MPG around town.

A good vehicle that's not as pricy as you think
By alexander brown on 12/13/04 18:00 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The 2005 Porsche Cayenne 6-cylinder has great power on and off road. When it snows it is a good idea to change from the Porsche all season tires to the winter ones. The inteior is what one would expect from a Porsche.

2005 Porsche Cayenne 6 Cyl. Review
By Greg Wolfner on 12/11/04 17:33 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Porsche Cayenns is an awesome SUV, I have the 6 cylinder model and would love to try the turbo. Make sure your Cayenne has the best headlights made. I'm very disappointed in the standard headlights. This is not a very large SUV, the interior room is only fair. Keep in mind if you look to go off road that the stock tires are not designed for it. My final conclusion is that this is a 911 with a SUV Body. It is a lot of fun to drive!