2005 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Turbo or nothing
By osufencer1 on 07/30/14 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

One of the best car I've owned. BMW X5M or Mercedes ML65 can't come close. I've been lucky to own all three vehicles at one point in time. Although X5 and ML63 has more power IMO but when it comes to handling nothing can compare.

Amazing value, amazing car
By Brit on 09/03/07 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Porsche. I bought a 2 year old Turbo for about half the new price. All I can say is that it has been fantastic and the higher running costs should be more than offset by the fact that it has taken most of its depreciation!

Ultimate Sport "Utility" Vehicle
By Ethan on 12/17/06 07:16 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the ultimate "utility" vehicle, being extremely capable on the road, offering good performance off-road, a good towing capacity of 7,700 lbs., and feeling good doing it all. Nothing else really compares to it. If you are not planning on taking advantage of this superb technology, I would suggest getting a BMW X5, Lexus RX350, or an Audi Q7. Most SUV owners never tow or take the vehicle off road, so save your money and shop elsewhere. Also, the Cayenne Turbo is equipped with high performance, soft Pirelli tires that wear quickly...something the customer needs to understand.

The Ultimate SUV
By Ethan on 06/22/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a used but untitled Porsche Cayenne Turbo about 8 months ago. I have put approximately 10,000 miles on it (it previously had 5,000). It has had absolutely no problems. Its acceleration and handling are on par with most sport cars. Its off-road handling is also excellent. The adjustable ride height is a must if you plan to do any significant off-road driving. However, this option also improves daily driving, allowing you to set a fairly low, more car-like ride height.

One Zesty Pepper
By CrimsonPepper on 09/08/05 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Porsche but not my first SUV. Have had the Yukon, Acura MDX, Lexus LX 470, Cadillac Escalade and desired something sporty with SUV traits. I test drove an S but wanted the extra punch of the Turbo. The dealership worked hard to meet my price demands and satisfaction. This truck is very controllable at all speeds (even at 120). Its engine begs to cowl for you and to be driven fast. I would not advise the Turbo for my wife or a soccer Mom...stick with the S or V6. Mine has burned about a quart of oil since purchase which is consistent to what dealership advised based on how often you lay into the turbo boost. My kids love being dropped off at school in it because most don't know what it is. Much fun!

Best in the World
By Robert Riess on 07/09/05 05:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a SUV that drives like a sports car. It handles great and there are no problems...no rattles...everything is top notch

Porsche, mispronounced & misunderstood
By Joe on 05/14/05 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The Porsche Cayenne is an exciting vehicle because it is a Porsche. It goes over bumps badly and the legroom in the back could be roomier. It is awkward to get to the cup holders in the front which are too small for an average water bottle but perfect for fountain drinks or an evian. As far as driving goes it is a great ride. The speed of this vehicle is wasted on a stay at home mom such as myself. However, I bought mine for prestige alone. I am too cute for a minivan so this five seater accommodates me and my 4 kids comfortably. The looks and stares I get from people was worth the cost alone, that and the cool key. I would definately rate the Cayenne as an appropriate dream/practical car.

May be close to Perfect
By Steve on 04/30/05 09:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This may be the closest to perfect car ever built. It has the acceleration of a sports can, and leaves all but dedicated sports cars in the dust. With all that, it is a great off road vehicle as well. It will travel in all kinds of environments, and you dont have to worry about going off road, something you cant do with a sports car. The interior is very nice, and it has available just about any option you want in a luxury car. So, it is a fast as a sports car, as capable as any off road vehicle, and has all the luxuries of a luxury car, all in one car. There is nothing that comes close in any car without significant compromises in at least one of these categories if you want it all in one.

7,500 Miles, so far, in My Cayenne Turbo
By Ginger on 04/28/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

It is faster than my older Porsches, but does not handle as well as a 911. On the other hand, it can cut through esses on ramps better than any vehicles other than the exotics and Porsche sports cars I encounter. The Turbo can be a little explosive, like the old 930s, but the large engine with the 457 ft pounds of torque at 2200 rpm really hides any turbo lag. I wish they would let me use it at a PCA track event.

Porche Cayenne-Great vehicle
By Mike Bement on 04/13/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the perfect vehicle for me. I love the speed of a sports car. I love the head room and storage room of an SUV. The Turbo Cayenne does it all. It is absolutely beautiful. Mike Bement