2004 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Review: Rip Snorting Fun

2004 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Review

2004 Porsche Cayenne

Rip Snorting Fun
By vetteman1962 on

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a certifiable car FREAK. I have owned over 100 cars in my 54 year life and this car rocks my world. If you think driving a 911 is fun to drive, stick four other people in this rocket and cruise up Pacific Coast Highway from San Clemente to Laguna or Newport and just watch the smiles on all five faces. I own three old Corvettes and a 356 Porsche and they are just a lot of fun to drive. A year ago I had the opportunity to sell a Cayenne Turbo for a friend and I had the car for about a month and only had to drive it three times to be HOOKED. Turning an SUV into a Hot Rod/Race Car has to be one of the greatest ideas of the 21st Century. This is the most fun Sports Car I have ever owned.

Active Suspension Management. I can go from 911 handling to S Class Mercedes with a flick of the switch. Incredible driving performance and cornering. This thing sticks to the ground like a go cart on one hand and drives like a Rolls Royce out on the freeway cruising. Just too many things to list.

I think they nailed EVERYTHING on this baby and I picked it up with 41K miles for thirty cents on the dollar from its original $105K price tag. I've had my 64 Corvette since the 80's and will take it to the grave with me... the Turbo ain't leavin any time soon. I LOVE this BEAST. UNBELIEVABLE.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By epearson23
on 12/02/11 11:42 AM (PST)

Hi Vetteman1962. I just read your review and I totally agree with you. Do you still have your Cayenne? I have a 2004 Twin Turbo and I am looking to sell an extra set of rims and wheels that came with it. Please send me a message if you are interested or know anyone that might be. Thanks!