2004 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
best car ever
By Porsche convert on 03/09/05 11:50 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Great fun to drive in all weather. Extremely sure footed and responsive. No problem driving thru 2 blizzards. I find my journeys take longer as I find excuses to go the long way round.

V6 Cayenne
By Porsche owner on 03/04/05 15:27 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased as an intended economical second car. Paid $39K for stripped model with heated seated/steering wheel. Compared against BMW, Volvo, and Audi and decided on Porsche SUV. Just hit 10K and car has been very reliable and solid to drive. Since this car is not widely owned, you do receive many inquisitive looks and comments; but these come at a price. You are forced to have the car serviced at a Porsche dealership. First service light came on at 10K miles (even though book states first oil change at 20K), and it cost $250

I hope you like spending $.
By Driver on 02/03/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, I can't complain, but I am rather dissapointed. In my opinion, for an oil change to take over an hour (resulting in a bill of over $200) is unacceptable. This problem could be fixed by better design of the underbody allowing for easier basic maintnence. In addition, Tiptronic system sometimes kicks in at random. I was dissapointed when I learned that I had to get a completely different WHEEL to get a snow tire. I espescially do not like the image that I payed $70,000 for my car. Buying Premium gas constantly gets very old, very fast. Also, my familly constantly reminds me of the fact that it looks like a rollerskate. If you like spending money and driving is all you care about go for it

Best Car I've owned
By Lori on 01/25/05 09:34 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

My Porsche Cayeene Turbo provides great power and handling. It is terrific in the snow (with the correct tires). Service has been excellent at my local dealer. I just drove through a blizzard with no skidding and great control.

Porschesuv
By billyboy on 01/04/05 21:00 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Like the power and quality of build. Transmission takes getting used to but tiptronic great. Can cruise forever at 80+. So far so good.

Trouble
By parker511 on 01/03/05 05:15 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

First let me say that from the day that I bought the car, there was something very wrong with the allignment. After taking it in 3 or 4 times with the same problems, I was getting frustrated to say the least. Up until this point, everything was "under warranty." Suddenly, when I took the Cayenne infor an oil change & to fix te ongoing problem--when I picked up my car, the bill was $700 for an oil change & balance. Right then I decided to trade it in before something incrediblewent wrong!!

2004 Cayenne S
By John Ulrich on 12/31/04 11:00 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned this vehicle for 2 months and have had an excellent driving and ownership experience. I am a road warrior and needed a tow vehicle that had some prestige associated with it. Towing 7700 lbs, quiet, plenty of power, excellent handling. If you can afford it, get it!

Pamela B. Bankert
By Pamela on 12/29/04 15:01 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Fast, powerful, and comfortable with terrific handling. Feels like a Porsche in every respect. Very roomy, with wonderful interior details including a self-adjusting heated steering wheel. Quality thoroughout the vehicle, even in the little details. Unusual enough to be distinctive and to create comments from other drivers! Expensive to maintain with oil changes at the dealership running around $250! Not the best car for the budget-conscious driver, but is predicted to hold it's value. A step above the BMW X5!

Great SUV the best so far
By hoon on 12/29/04 13:50 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't decide with X5 for the first time but after I took a test drive for both I knew I want Cayenne. I have 2005 model. I had 3 BMWs and many japanese cars and SUVs before but Cayenne is the best so far. Great feel of accelation although it's not really fast. More comfort than X5 in ride. Really fun to drive. Too much gas than other competitors but bigger gas tanks makes me feel better.

Traded in the x5
By c4s on 12/21/04 03:36 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 3.0 x5... no comparison. Also drove the 4.4 to make sure. Great features, handles very well; I waited for the model year switch to save a few bucks. I like driving this as much as my c4s. Great job Porsche.