2004 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Not for everyone
By wesrx on 11/14/07 14:18 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Cayenne V6 is wonderful to drive although the acceleration is slow unless you use the manual mode. The handling is superb and road feel is good with quick response to emergency maneuvers. Visibility is good on both sides. It is fun to drive and you do not get tired driving the car for long distances. I am satisfied with my ownership and driving the Cayenne.

Porsche? Never again
By wnorton on 07/28/07 00:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Good day, It's with disappointment that I post my review of my Cayenne. I like driving the car, but I've had a lemon and after wrestling with it for three years, I'm giving up. Three Porsche dealers within 1 hr and I'm on a first name basis with each. I've read other posts and it would appear that '05 or newer might be the fix, but this vehicle has been a nightmare from day one. Fun to drive, and GREAT control in winter weather. Also I would be remiss if I didn't say, I was disappointed in the 6 cyl. I went that way for fuel efficiency and it does well. It's just to much of a sacrifice to give up the 8 cyl.

Wonderful CS
By enjoyPorsche on 07/21/07 22:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

This is a sports car on steroids. For its size, it should not be possible to move as efficiently when prompted by the right, or even the left, pedal. Interior is beautiful. Nice lines and great color of black with aluminum accents, very sporting. Really do enjoy driving this car every day. Often take this car out on trips over the 996, and not due to the weather. So glad that we decided on Porsche over the VW. Extra payment well worth knowing I'm driving the best of the best. No regrets. Great handling in wet weather.

My Cayenne
By Howard Goodman on 06/08/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I have my Cayenne for over 3 years and it performs as well today as it did the day I left the dealer. The vehicle holds the road better than any vehicle I have ever driven and give me a feeling of safety. You can drive any other vehicle and no one notices, when you drive your Cayenne everyone notices and wishes they were you.

Wonderful Machine - Cayenne S
By AA on 04/30/07 04:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Having only owned this vehicle for a couple weeks, I already can tell you that it is fantastic. Great level of comfort and convenience from our CS. Have driven new V6 Cayenne, was not impressed with performance ('08 should be better, however) so landed in CPO CS and am so very happy. Wonderful wet weather handling. Feels much lighter than its stats would suggest. Massive brakes also instill confidence and superb braking ability (L.A. accident avoidance maneuver proves it). Recommend fully.

What Fun
By Scott on 01/05/07 07:23 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the '04 Cayenne S for two months and it has exceeded my expectations. The vehicle is a blast to drive and handles great. The fact that it can handle like a sports sedan and still be an SUV is amazing. I have had a couple of warranty repairs - a rattle and a drivetrain issue, nothing crazy for a car with 37,000 miles. Overall I am quite pleased.

Tire Eater
By Duke on 12/18/06 21:29 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this vehicle in its entirety. I also have it's baby sister in a 2004 911, 996 cabriolet turbo. They both have great handling in all situations. The power of the Cayenne is remarkable and it is a joy to drive at high speeds. The Cayenne Turbo "eats" rubber with tires, all four lasting only about 6,000 miles. This appears to be typical of this model and it doesn't matter whether it has winter or summer tires - they all get eaten up by just cruising. I've tried Pirelli, Michelin, Continental and all the same wear problem - they wear out far too soon. Also, it is difficult and time consuming to get the rear seats down - but the drive and handling are far superior to any SUV I've ever driven.

A Driver's SUV
By cayennes on 09/16/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I got my Porsche Cayenne S over the BMW X5 4.4i. In addition to all the precision in handling and world class performance - this SUV is very quiet to cruise around in. The revised 0-60 mph figure of 6.8 seconds is very conservative IMHO. It probably can out run 70% of the sports car on the road and at the same time, I have carried 8 tires (255/55 18) with the rear seats folded down. I have had no problems at all with the snow tires and winter driving / skiing trips, etc. Theh Cayenne is the king of SUV hands down! If you get the Turbo or the Turbo S, you can probably outrun 90-99% of the sports car out there.

I Would Buy this SUV Again
By sforman789 on 08/17/06 20:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

The Cayenne lacks only in on two areas; interior style and the back end, which looks a bit boxy. Other than that it is an amazing vehicle. It's fast, it's built well, and it handles like a sports car. I love driving this car/SUV. It gets more fun everyday which is unusal. I would buy this over any SUV in its class.

2004 Cayenne S
By guru88 on 01/07/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

If you want a ride that will carry five people, through snow and ice, with great performance and handling, this is it. It's for someone who likes to drive, it's not a cushy luxury vehicle. If you like Lexus or Mercedes-Benz it's not for you.