2004 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
WOW!
By Fatmix on 12/19/09 22:28 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car! It is a dream come true! Drives like a sports car but gives you the confidence of a 4wd rig. Fast, classy, well designed!

The Great SUV
By Lou on 09/22/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

The SUV is an amazing vehicle. It's an SUV Carrera. The gas mileage is about 20 highway and 15 around town. Not bad for the suburbs. Handling is excellent. Just need an extra aux. pwr up front.

Sports car-like handling in 5k lb truck!
By ATAWAY on 08/23/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle continues to amaze me. Braking is second to none. Handling for a large vehicle as this is world- class. How'd they do it is what you'll wonder when you drive it. V8 power is more than sufficient, would not recommend V6 unless you are only picking up groceries and live in snow country. Ride is comfy, not too noisy, plenty of great lux features to please anyone. Beautiful design. Interior is lovely. Faux leather dash is quite nice. Seats offer plenty of adjustments. Nav works really well! Parking sensors are well worth the $. Don't need heated seats as in Southern CA not too cold.

Rip Snorting Fun
By vetteman1962 on 06/08/09 23:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a certifiable car FREAK. I have owned over 100 cars in my 54 year life and this car rocks my world. If you think driving a 911 is fun to drive, stick four other people in this rocket and cruise up Pacific Coast Highway from San Clemente to Laguna or Newport and just watch the smiles on all five faces. I own three old Corvettes and a 356 Porsche and they are just a lot of fun to drive. A year ago I had the opportunity to sell a Cayenne Turbo for a friend and I had the car for about a month and only had to drive it three times to be HOOKED. Turning an SUV into a Hot Rod/Race Car has to be one of the greatest ideas of the 21st Century. This is the most fun Sports Car I have ever owned.

Join the Herd
By Frank JG on 10/31/08 09:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Traded one of 911c/2 (cab 6 spd) for CS. Tested at high speed, rides like 996 c/2 only one foot taller. Gas mileage was surprising when I keep my lead foot off. Had 7 BMW (740, 740l, 735, 528, 318c, Z3, 325), 4 MB (430CLK, S430, SL380, S550). This SUV rides like 911 c/2 in an S550 interior.

Great SUV
By Edwin C. on 07/18/08 02:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I LOVE my '04 Cayenne Turbo, except at the gas pump! I am averaging 14.1 MPG, having to add a quart of oil every 2,000 miles or so, and it goes though a set of Pirellis every 10,000 miles or so. Other than that it's perfect. I'm thinking of getting a n 8,000 lb trailer.

Porsche Cayenne S
By LORI on 04/15/08 22:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is awesome. I have had every other high end SUV, but none give you the thrill of driving as the Cayenne does. With this package you get the best of both worlds. It handles like a sports car and you can still pull your boat to the lake on the weekend. I have had mine for over 3 years now and still love to see what it can do. There is nothing that sounds better than the sound of a Porsche when you put your foot into it with psm off.

04 Cayenne
By Porsche on 02/02/08 17:27 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I have Owned many SUVs over the years and this is by far the most enjoyable ride.

Long term observations
By Peter Pivko on 12/24/07 00:42 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne S AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Mileage is 18 highway at best due to the excessive weight of the car and the big V-8. Overall driving impressions over the past 4 years rate this SUV as med-high. It has a stiff/harsher ride for the rear passengers as the seats do not cushion as well and are over the rear tires.

Hedonism on wheels
By DoktorT on 11/22/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a true porschephile, but the nose never realy worked for me and I actually prefer the looks of the Touerag. Then I drove it. End of story. I own a dozen porsche 911s, and a couple of turbos, and this is fast. It also handles suprisingly well. It's possible to get 21MPG on the highway if you can keep it under 70 and keep the cruise on. I did this for a short while after picking the car up in tampa and driving it 1000 miles home. I found that I could cruise at 75-80 with ocasional burts up to 100 and still keep avg MPG at 19.4. Well worth it for the fun factor. This car is loaded. It has taken me 2 days to learn the nav audio system but now it seems intuitive. A blast!