Used 2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:

Entertainment and transportation
By Mark

2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I can't rave highly enough about the Cayenne Turbo. It feels very light and nimble due to the beast of an engine, tiptronic transmission, brakes and suspension.

Maintenance money pit!
By Sacha

2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great fast SUV, but that's about it. The fuel mileage is terrible at average of 10 mpg for street driving. The worst part is the cost of maintenance. This has become a money with average $5000 in yearly repairs after 60K miles. Brakes cost $1400 every year. The 60K mile service costs $2500. Things start to break that are not covered by 100k Porsche maintenance warranty at average of $1800. I would stay away from this car unless you like paying Porsche for service.

Speed.

Look at BMW and Mercedes for service cost of luxury cars. I had a BMW and paid $0 in maintenance.

It Drives Like a Porsche
By Olivier

2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Cayenne used, one year old. I'm quite amazed at how it holds the road for such a heavy car and the way it really handles like a Porsche. It is a very good compromise, as it's first- class in every situation, perfect handling on twisty roads, very good off-road (providing the right type of tyres) and very practical. It is not a true sports car of course, but still a very good every day car.

The handling, Porsche feel, very good stereo when you add the BOSE sound system, and everyday practicality.

Improved its fuel economy (without going diesel of course!) and build-quality. On small twisty roads the A-pillar takes the view away and you've got to lean forward to see if no one's coming your way. Give it better paint quality and improved the ride quality on standard coil springs.

The Best
By KngPorsche

I am 6'2 and always planned to buy a
911 as a kid. However, a 911 is not
comfortable to someone me size. Then
came the Cayenne and my dream is
fulfilled. I love this SUV it is the
best of both worlds.........

Powers and comfort

Reclining rear seats

Satisfied
By Kev

2003 Porsche Cayenne SUV S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I am 6'2 and have desired a 911 even before I could afford one. However, I refused to pay that much for a vehicle I could not be comfortable in. My prayers were answered with the Cayenne. I love this vehicle, like no other SUV on the market. Certainly, I have encountered small issues that were addressed and fixed quickly. This SUV is the best: Performance, power and comfort.

Lots of interior space, acceleration, distinguish looks.

Better heated seat controls, reclining rear set and automatic rear door open/close