2003 Porsche Cayenne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cayenne model:
Maintenance money pit!
By Sacha on 09/24/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great fast SUV, but that's about it. The fuel mileage is terrible at average of 10 mpg for street driving. The worst part is the cost of maintenance. This has become a money with average $5000 in yearly repairs after 60K miles. Brakes cost $1400 every year. The 60K mile service costs $2500. Things start to break that are not covered by 100k Porsche maintenance warranty at average of $1800. I would stay away from this car unless you like paying Porsche for service.

It Drives Like a Porsche
By Olivier on 09/21/06 11:46 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Cayenne used, one year old. I'm quite amazed at how it holds the road for such a heavy car and the way it really handles like a Porsche. It is a very good compromise, as it's first- class in every situation, perfect handling on twisty roads, very good off-road (providing the right type of tyres) and very practical. It is not a true sports car of course, but still a very good every day car.

The Best
By KngPorsche on 01/05/05 11:25 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I am 6'2 and always planned to buy a 911 as a kid. However, a 911 is not comfortable to someone me size. Then came the Cayenne and my dream is fulfilled. I love this SUV it is the best of both worlds.........

Satisfied
By Kev on 12/21/04 14:33 PM (PST)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I am 6'2 and have desired a 911 even before I could afford one. However, I refused to pay that much for a vehicle I could not be comfortable in. My prayers were answered with the Cayenne. I love this vehicle, like no other SUV on the market. Certainly, I have encountered small issues that were addressed and fixed quickly. This SUV is the best: Performance, power and comfort.

My Turbo Blows!!!!!!!!!
By sleoni on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I hate this SUV. In the shop for more than 75 days. Tires wear out every 2000 miles. Car vibrates on highway. Electrical problems. Door lock problems. I real piece of crap for $100,000

Unhappy Camper
By denverowner on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

My Cayenne was a joy to drive until the recalls came in..I am on my 12th recall. New computer system, new drive shaft. Tires wore out at 7K miles due to front end vibration. 2 sets of brakes. Interior trim vibrates. Rear door handles have broken off, ski door broken, wood trim has come lose. On my third set of brakes. Each set are noisy and Porsche says thats normal. Interesting design feature! Dealer cannot keep story straight and service is getting worse. Ski racks whistle so loud you have to remove to drive and keep sanity. Dealer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

not the greatest
By tom deck on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

this vehicle begins to rattle very quickly. it has a terribly high center of gravity from what you would expect from a porsche and does not even ride very well as an exchange.

GREAT CAR
By Mr. Cow on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

The Cayenne Turbo is AWESOME!!!!! It is luxurious, and it can beet any car u see on the road. Its great for a family less than 5. And if u get one, the Cayenne S or normal Cayenne are just wastes. Get the Turbo!!!

Not Happy
By sailing707 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

I have not enjoyed this car at all. They are still working out the problems with the car and the service departments are horrible. The car has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Im going back to the X5.

04 Cayenne S (demo)
By Stilcrazee on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased 04 demo with 9k on it in Sept 03. Has been back to selling dealership 2 times. A bunch of petty things that I would have thought they would hav fixed before offering for sale. Biggest problem is that it dd and still does drift/pull right. It will go backa gain to a different dealer. Looking at lemon law too. I would never recommend selling dealer. NO follow up, no offer of extended warranty, complaint to Porsche refered me back to dealer manager who never himself returned calls.