2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V10 6-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
Here is the Truth About this Car!
By dweeb on 11/13/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

I am a Porsche fanatic, and have owned 11 over the last 15 years. I purchased my 2005 Porsche Carrera GT new, drove it 2,600 miles, and sold it for a $100,000 loss. It is a horrible car in many ways. The clutch is too sensitive, I had electrical problems, and any pot holes in the road were a nightmare. No wonder Porsche has stopped making them. Do not buy this car!

Porsche Carrera GT is #1
By N$ane Duane on 09/27/05 01:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned many Porsches and Ferraris and the Carrera GT is one of the best, if not the best sports car ever made! It is miles above others in: handling, braking and performance. This car will go down in history for what it is. Way over the top and years ahead of everything else. $448,000 is big money, but a super value for what it is.

Buy This Car When You Have A Chance
By Joel on 07/18/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

this is a great car. when the chance comes to buy one take the chance. you will enjoy all 500 grand spent. Enjoy!

Absolutelt The BEST
By Fields on 06/10/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

This is the most fantastic car on the road. I also own a Ferrari 360 Spider and love it, but it doesn't compare in perforamce and style to the Carrera GT. This car really turns heads and noone has any idea what it is, but everyone who sees it knows that it's something special.

Mind Blowing
By bill on 04/18/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

The Carrera just oozes brawn out of every pore. I have owned 3 Porsches over two decades and have loved the refinements of their cars but the GT has just gone this bit further. The engine sounds magnificent, the seat positioning is good (I am 5 ft 8), the instruments are well aligned for the driver and visibility is extremely good for itÂ’s class. Fine detail has been made to the interior which exudes rich quality. I will be looking forward to entering the cup races this year. It is always good meet other owners at these events. It is also good for potential Porsche owners to attended and see them in action.

Amazing...
By jt 2430 on 04/16/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

the car is very fun to drive, immaculate for any tastes you may have. the only thing I find that may be a problem is price/insurance. But if you can afford it, I highly recomend it.

Awsome Car
By Mike on 04/14/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

This is the best Porsche ever! It leaves me totally speachless. I could go on forever about the handling and all the other sweet things!

What a car
By Jealous of Me? on 04/11/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

Thank you Bill Gates for making me rich. I just got htis car, got it up to 200 on one of my favorite stretches or road and felt safe. This car is so fast, responsive, and sweet that I recommend anyone with cash to burn to make it a priority. Go for it.

a lifetime looking for you and you only.
By dustinhulgan on 02/24/05 03:42 AM (PST)

2005 Porsche Carrera GT Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 10cyl 6M)

The carrera gt is by far the best car I have ever had in my possesion. It's fast, best handling in all-around conditions amd out does any other car in the world. The f50 the vviper ,05 corrvette full stock none of these cars even share the same road.