2013 Boxster S
By gmg66 on
2013 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)
I've had my Boxster for about one year and have put 2,500 miles on it. The overall fit and finish, and build quality on the car is extremely high. I have not had any problems with it. It's a blast to drive. As another review stated, it is deceptively fast. I ordered my car with the 6MT and the shifting is the best of any car I've ever driven - the location and feel are just perfect. The handling surprised me - the rear end slides out on fast corners but in a very controlled manner which just contributes to the fun to drive factor. Overall a great driving, very high quality, stunning looking car.
Favorite Features
Engine noise under strong acceleration is intoxicating. Handling and shifting as mentioned above. I always drive with my top down if the weather is tolerable and love how fast and easy the top goes up and down. Best looking Porsche in years IMHO (and I've owned a couple of 911's in the past). Overall fit and finish. One very surprising plus to this car is how well it rides on poor roads - I have optional 20 inch wheels and PASM. Interior quality and comfort.
Suggested Improvements
Rear vision while backing up is very limited. I ordered the backup sensors but didn't order the front sensors - a mistake since with backup sensors only, I just have a near worthless beeping noise but had I ordered front sensors as well, I would have gotten colors on Nav screen to indicate distance. While the car sounds great under hard acceleration, it is extremely quiet in normal driving - I was talked out of ordering Sport Exhaust by dealer - probably a mistake since I want a sports car sound. Thus I recently had FabSpeed exhaust installed - too soon to tell if I like it - advantage of Porsche sport exhaust is that it can be turned on and off.