Used 2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Best Sports Car on the Planet!
By ghost1214

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

So I decided I wanted a sports car. looked at the BMW z4, Mercedes SLK and the Porsche Boxster. There is no comparison, it's not even close....Box! I test drove the 911 but it didn't have the same balance as the Box. I ordered mine with the red leather interior, Agate Gray exterior and 6 speed manual. I pull down the street heads are turning. The car is quick. get on the highway with some curves it's all giggles. I have never driven a car that was just so much spiritual fun. corners are a blast. be careful you will catch the car in front and you won't need to slow down because it lives for the curves. No problem you have the best brakes on the planet. "there is no substitute"

The car is beautiful. Too many to List.

None.

2013 Boxster S
By gmg66

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Boxster for about one year and have put 2,500 miles on it. The overall fit and finish, and build quality on the car is extremely high. I have not had any problems with it. It's a blast to drive. As another review stated, it is deceptively fast. I ordered my car with the 6MT and the shifting is the best of any car I've ever driven - the location and feel are just perfect. The handling surprised me - the rear end slides out on fast corners but in a very controlled manner which just contributes to the fun to drive factor. Overall a great driving, very high quality, stunning looking car.

Engine noise under strong acceleration is intoxicating. Handling and shifting as mentioned above. I always drive with my top down if the weather is tolerable and love how fast and easy the top goes up and down. Best looking Porsche in years IMHO (and I've owned a couple of 911's in the past). Overall fit and finish. One very surprising plus to this car is how well it rides on poor roads - I have optional 20 inch wheels and PASM. Interior quality and comfort.

Rear vision while backing up is very limited. I ordered the backup sensors but didn't order the front sensors - a mistake since with backup sensors only, I just have a near worthless beeping noise but had I ordered front sensors as well, I would have gotten colors on Nav screen to indicate distance. While the car sounds great under hard acceleration, it is extremely quiet in normal driving - I was talked out of ordering Sport Exhaust by dealer - probably a mistake since I want a sports car sound. Thus I recently had FabSpeed exhaust installed - too soon to tell if I like it - advantage of Porsche sport exhaust is that it can be turned on and off.

Real upgrade over the 987
By quierodormir

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just replaced my 2007 Boxster with the 2013. Its a real improvement in almost every way over the previous generation. The design of the exterior and interior are significantly enhanced (in particular the interior, which previously I felt had a tendency to feel cheap in terms of materials) I know the electric steering has received some criticism, but I cannot tell a difference with the old hydraulic setup. Both are fantastic opinion. The only minor difference I've noticed is that the exhaust note in the 2013 isn't as pronounced as the 2007 at lower RPMs. This may be due to the fact that my '07 had the sport / PASM package while the new one doesn't.

New design, handling, redesigned interior, amazing brakes, 6MT (way smoother to operate than comparable manuals from Audi, BMW, etc).

PCM controls I still find somewhat intuitive (though much better than before). While it doesn't fit with Porsche's tradition, I'd like to see Porsche move to push button start like most other manufacturers. Regret not having ordered the sport exhaust; it sounds great compared to the base model's

2013 Boxster S
By anandnatrajan

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I custom ordered a lightly optioned Boxster S with the 6MT. Only the premium package and Bose in Guards Red with a black interior along with red seat belts and the light design package. The model designation was deleted at no charge. The car was built and delivered in 2 months. Price, MSRP 67k and I was happy to get a 5% discount. Gem of a car. Brilliant 6MT with easy shifting requiring no effort except fingertips. Clutch pedal felt a bit heavy at first but not anymore. Wonderful sounding engine although I haven't taken it past 5000 rpm. Very smooth and deceptive power. Extremely rapid acceleration and in the corners, the car is fantastic. Very strong brakes.

Beautiful car, extremely strong and smooth engine, very strong brakes, precise shifter, very smooth ride even with 19 inch wheels, good fuel economy, very comfortable seats with the premium package. Excellent build quality. Very highly recommended but go easy with options if you are on a budget. A decently equipped car is 63k.

A simpler set of gauges would be my only suggestion. The multifunction screen is easy but gimmicky.

Finally
By myspyder

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Finally the Boxster is worthy of being named a Porsche.

Handling, braking, exceptionally strong body for a convertible, beautifully design and finally quality.The PDK transmission is much improved. it has stop and start and coasting functions that are great in the city and on the highway!

None except for the price. But if it wasn't over priced it wouln't be a Porsche!