Used 2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

I Smile Like a Kid When I Drive My Boxster S
By Chris F.

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have heard the ultimate test of a car's cool factor is the way kids respond...Well this car catches the eye of every kid I pass. The 2013 Boxster S is a phenomenal car. It is my first Porsche and now I understand what hose who own one appreciate. Incredibly fast, excellent handling, superb braking and just plain fun. The comfort is good but not great, definitely not designed for long distances and I would not have this as a daily driver. Safety is excellent, my only ding here is outward visibility. With the top down it is okay but with the top up I almost need a ground guide.

Value I marked down due to maintenance costs and purchase price. The price for a nicely loaded Boxster S is not cheap when you consider it is really a second car. I would not hesitate to buy this car again and again. It is pure fun with the top down crying along Highway 1 or on a twisty mountain road.

Step on the gas, wipe that tear away!
By smerdyakov

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I traded a base Boxster for an S. I made the trade not because I wanted higher performance (although the S is significantly faster) but because I couldn't find a base car with the parking assist and sports chrono options that I wanted. I eventually found the car that I wanted at Porsche of Fayetteville, where I received outstanding assistance from Mr. Robert Lee.
The difference in feel between the base car and the S is remarkable. If one didn't know, one would think that they were entirely different cars instead of two variations on the same theme. This is the 10th Porsche that I have owned, and clearly the best of them all.
I strongly suggest finding a good used car with a warranty. The MSRP on a well-optioned car will easily go into the mid-70's, and a used car will usually be available for much less. I also suggest using the preowned search feature on the Porsche website, which is how I found my car.
Porsche: there is no substitute!
Update after six months: there is still no substitute. I can't think of another sports car, regardless of price, that I would rather own.

Best Sports Car on the Planet!
By ghost1214

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

So I decided I wanted a sports car. looked at the BMW z4, Mercedes SLK and the Porsche Boxster. There is no comparison, it's not even close....Box! I test drove the 911 but it didn't have the same balance as the Box. I ordered mine with the red leather interior, Agate Gray exterior and 6 speed manual. I pull down the street heads are turning. The car is quick. get on the highway with some curves it's all giggles. I have never driven a car that was just so much spiritual fun. corners are a blast. be careful you will catch the car in front and you won't need to slow down because it lives for the curves. No problem you have the best brakes on the planet. "there is no substitute"

The car is beautiful. Too many to List.

None.

2013 Boxster S
By gmg66

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Boxster for about one year and have put 2,500 miles on it. The overall fit and finish, and build quality on the car is extremely high. I have not had any problems with it. It's a blast to drive. As another review stated, it is deceptively fast. I ordered my car with the 6MT and the shifting is the best of any car I've ever driven - the location and feel are just perfect. The handling surprised me -
the rear end slides out on fast corners but in a very controlled manner which just contributes to the fun to drive factor. Overall a great driving, very high quality, stunning looking car.

Engine noise under strong acceleration is intoxicating. Handling and shifting as mentioned above. I always drive with my top down if the weather is tolerable and love how fast and easy the top goes up and down. Best looking Porsche in years IMHO (and I've owned a couple of 911's in the past). Overall fit and finish. One very surprising plus to this car is how well it rides on poor roads - I have optional 20 inch wheels and PASM. Interior quality and comfort.

Rear vision while backing up is very limited. I ordered the backup sensors but didn't order the front sensors - a mistake since with backup sensors only, I just have a near worthless beeping noise but had I ordered front sensors as well, I would have gotten colors on Nav screen to indicate distance. While the car sounds great under hard acceleration, it is extremely quiet in normal driving - I was talked out of ordering Sport Exhaust by dealer - probably a mistake since I want a sports car sound. Thus I recently had FabSpeed exhaust installed - too soon to tell if I like it - advantage of Porsche sport exhaust is that it can be turned on and off.

Real upgrade over the 987
By quierodormir

2013 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just replaced my 2007 Boxster with the 2013. Its a real improvement in almost every way over the previous generation.

The design of the exterior and interior are significantly enhanced (in particular the interior, which previously I felt had a tendency to feel cheap in terms of
materials)

I know the electric steering has received some criticism, but I cannot tell a difference with the old hydraulic setup. Both are fantastic opinion.

The only minor difference I've noticed is that the exhaust note in the 2013 isn't as pronounced as the 2007 at lower RPMs. This may be due to the fact that my '07 had the sport / PASM package while the new one doesn't.

New design, handling, redesigned interior, amazing brakes, 6MT (way smoother to operate than comparable manuals from Audi, BMW, etc).

PCM controls I still find somewhat intuitive (though much better than before). While it doesn't fit with Porsche's tradition, I'd like to see Porsche move to push button start like most other manufacturers. Regret not having ordered the sport exhaust; it sounds great compared to the base model's