2013 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Best Sports Car on the Planet!
By ghost1214 on 09/04/14 05:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

So I decided I wanted a sports car. looked at the BMW z4, Mercedes SLK and the Porsche Boxster. There is no comparison, it's not even close....Box! I test drove the 911 but it didn't have the same balance as the Box. I ordered mine with the red leather interior, Agate Gray exterior and 6 speed manual. I pull down the street heads are turning. The car is quick. get on the highway with some curves it's all giggles. I have never driven a car that was just so much spiritual fun. corners are a blast. be careful you will catch the car in front and you won't need to slow down because it lives for the curves. No problem you have the best brakes on the planet. "there is no substitute"

2013 Boxster S
By gmg66 on 03/07/14 13:24 PM (PST)

2013 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Boxster for about one year and have put 2,500 miles on it. The overall fit and finish, and build quality on the car is extremely high. I have not had any problems with it. It's a blast to drive. As another review stated, it is deceptively fast. I ordered my car with the 6MT and the shifting is the best of any car I've ever driven - the location and feel are just perfect. The handling surprised me - the rear end slides out on fast corners but in a very controlled manner which just contributes to the fun to drive factor. Overall a great driving, very high quality, stunning looking car.

Real upgrade over the 987
By quierodormir on 10/26/13 05:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just replaced my 2007 Boxster with the 2013. Its a real improvement in almost every way over the previous generation. The design of the exterior and interior are significantly enhanced (in particular the interior, which previously I felt had a tendency to feel cheap in terms of materials) I know the electric steering has received some criticism, but I cannot tell a difference with the old hydraulic setup. Both are fantastic opinion. The only minor difference I've noticed is that the exhaust note in the 2013 isn't as pronounced as the 2007 at lower RPMs. This may be due to the fact that my '07 had the sport / PASM package while the new one doesn't.

2013 Boxster S
By anandnatrajan on 08/03/13 17:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I custom ordered a lightly optioned Boxster S with the 6MT. Only the premium package and Bose in Guards Red with a black interior along with red seat belts and the light design package. The model designation was deleted at no charge. The car was built and delivered in 2 months. Price, MSRP 67k and I was happy to get a 5% discount. Gem of a car. Brilliant 6MT with easy shifting requiring no effort except fingertips. Clutch pedal felt a bit heavy at first but not anymore. Wonderful sounding engine although I haven't taken it past 5000 rpm. Very smooth and deceptive power. Extremely rapid acceleration and in the corners, the car is fantastic. Very strong brakes.

Finally
By myspyder on 01/19/13 06:47 AM (PST)

2013 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Finally the Boxster is worthy of being named a Porsche.

One of the bettter Porsches of all time.
By clutchplate on 09/10/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 11th Porsche with most being 911's. Always wanted a Boxster but never liked the way they looked until now. The 2013 is stunning in person and is one of the best handling cars you can buy. The base model doesn't have much low end torque so you need to keep the engine between 4500 and 7000 rpm's. It's plenty fast within that range but it brings the mpg to around 18 so you have to choose between power or mileage. You get 30 mpg as advertised with a very light foot. The handling is stupendous, cornering is quick and tight, the car feels glued to the road no matter how hard you push. My last car was a Lotus Elise, which had superb handling, the new Boxster could be better.

2013 Boxster S blue/blue roof/grey
By ttibio on 07/25/12 16:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Took delivery late June to replace a 996. Pretty much fully loaded with PDK, Sport Chrono, etc. It is an excellent looking vehicle - I had ordered it sight-unseen in January but was not disappointed. Maybe a bit fussy versus the 991, but that is too much of a grand tourer now. Not really budget constrained, but do think that at $80k I paid, the base+6spd starts to look GREAT value. The PDK is incredibly snappy, steering/handling super sharp, etc. - its just as the reviewers reviewed it - an excellent driver all round. Not sure the interior is super luxe - bit plasticky if you look around a bit. Anyway it gets an A-. Like it a lot and will keep it a long time I am sure.

Looks and feels like a million bucks.
By foxster on 07/05/12 21:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just took delivery of my first Boxster, (and first Porsche), which is unlikely to be my last. Mostly very happy with it thus far, not least because I took delivery of a car which I'd ordered to my own specification, that included "only" about $7K in options.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Porsche Boxster in VA is:

$182 per month*