2010 Porsche Boxster 2.9L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Any Porsche = Great Sports

2010 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (2.9L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Any Porsche = Great Sports Car
By KS on

2010 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Boxster 2.9 for about a month and I enjoy it with every drive. There is really something special about driving a Porsche considering its racing heritage and legendary 911 roots plotted in the Boxster, it's just a great fun cruiser Not a racing machine. In my opinion the manual 6spd transmission is the only way to go and the clutch/shifter feel is very precise, the gas pedal has way too much resistance for my taste, I am getting used to it though. Hill start assist is also something that takes getting used to, I prefer not to have it because on uphill traffic it could be very annoying. My previous car was 2007 Infiniti M45 and I really wanted a driver's car with style, Boxster was it!

Favorite Features

6 spd manual transmission. Steering feel. Solid construction and ride much improved over 2008 used model that I had test driven. Design and overall German quality.

Suggested Improvements

More gas pedal response. Make hill assist more usable. I would prefer folding hard top.