2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Don't drive one(unless you're ready to buy)
By mrdrama on 07/27/13 07:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Still in honeymoon period/Looking for reasons to drive.My third Porsche and second Boxster,all bought used,which is for me ,the only po$$ible way to go.The upgrade from my early(986) car is night and day:ride,handling,"infotainment"(get the PCM/BOSE)you name it -all superior...The base car is very nice ,but the S,with direct injection and extra urge will sway you.The "S" is for Serious-people who claim the Boxster is not a "real Porsche",are delusional, or simply haven't driven a 2009 or later one.

Stellar. Wow. Great only car for 2.
By Bailey on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a revelation. The build quality, design, and performance consistently and continuously impress. This car is something special. This is our only car. We have rely on it to perform all missions under all conditions. After 4 months, 8000 miles, and a few multi-day road trips, we have no regrets. It is comfortable, capable, safe, well designed, beautifully made and finished, and does everything. Golf clubs fit. Luggage for 2 fits easily. Go-crazy shopping trips, speed bumps, steep driveways, dirt roads and rain are no problem. The Porsche Boxster adds an element of beauty and excitement and beauty to everyday life that everyone should experience.

Go get one
By Surfinjoe on 08/03/10 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, always wanted one and finally took the leap and it's well worth it. Handles well, PDK is just plain fun and with the top down, well, the sky's the limit. Just an outstanding vehicle.

Any Porsche = Great Sports Car
By KS on 07/19/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Boxster 2.9 for about a month and I enjoy it with every drive. There is really something special about driving a Porsche considering its racing heritage and legendary 911 roots plotted in the Boxster, it's just a great fun cruiser Not a racing machine. In my opinion the manual 6spd transmission is the only way to go and the clutch/shifter feel is very precise, the gas pedal has way too much resistance for my taste, I am getting used to it though. Hill start assist is also something that takes getting used to, I prefer not to have it because on uphill traffic it could be very annoying. My previous car was 2007 Infiniti M45 and I really wanted a driver's car with style, Boxster was it!

The best roadster in it's class
By Lead foot on 05/31/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car last week, fun to drive and super nice to look at. I'm most impressed by its speed, hugs the road on turns. I took few turns at high speeds, car responded beyond my expectations! 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung is a blast. This car will turn heads.

Fun to Drive
By Tom B on 02/20/10 06:20 AM (PST)

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased by Boxter in October of 2009 and already have 5000 miles on it. I take it on trips and to work. I live in Reno and have a good number of days with the top down. My previous Boxter was a 2004 and there is no comparison. This car has all the power and acceleration I need and is a blast in the mountains around here.Also the top is quiet. In the 2004 there was considerable wind noise. Unlike my previous Boxter I have not had a single problem or complaint. Maybe the gas mileage could be a tad better but for the performance you get it is quite acceptable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible in VA is:

$119 per month*