Used 2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Don't drive one(unless you're ready to buy)
By mrdrama

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Still in honeymoon period/Looking for reasons to drive.My third Porsche and second Boxster,all bought used,which is for me ,the only po$$ible way to go.The upgrade from my early(986) car is night and day:ride,handling,"infotainment"(get the PCM/BOSE)you name it -all superior...The base car is very nice ,but the S,with direct injection and extra urge will sway you.The "S" is for Serious-people who claim the Boxster is not a "real Porsche",are delusional, or simply haven't driven a 2009 or later one.

Favorite Features

Just about everything;given good weather,a sublime ride

Suggested Improvements

Some silly quirks-mostly driver aids:auto.daytime driving lights(lack of)trip computer confusing,clumsy mapping,noisy wipers,etc.No manual airbag cut-off fr pass. side

Stellar. Wow. Great only car for 2.
By Bailey

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been a revelation. The build quality, design, and performance consistently and continuously impress. This car is something special. This is our only car. We have rely on it to perform all missions under all conditions. After 4 months, 8000 miles, and a few multi-day road trips, we have no regrets. It is comfortable, capable, safe, well designed, beautifully made and finished, and does everything. Golf clubs fit. Luggage for 2 fits easily. Go-crazy shopping trips, speed bumps, steep driveways, dirt roads and rain are no problem. The Porsche Boxster adds an element of beauty and excitement and beauty to everyday life that everyone should experience.

Favorite Features

Fast, fun and beautiful! Handles so well it becomes difficult to drive other cars. Makes you feel wonderful every time you drive it. Built like a bomb shelter. Good gas mileage! Plenty of storage for 2 people. Luxurious, simple cabin. Comfort. Great warranty.

Suggested Improvements

If the car could run on the happiness of its occupants, it wouldn't need gas.

Go get one
By Surfinjoe

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

Wow, always wanted one and finally took the leap and it's well worth it. Handles well, PDK is just plain fun and with the top down, well, the sky's the limit. Just an outstanding vehicle.

Favorite Features

The Car

Suggested Improvements

None

Any Porsche = Great Sports Car
By KS

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

I had my Boxster 2.9 for about a month and I enjoy it with every drive. There is really something special about driving a Porsche considering its racing heritage and legendary 911 roots plotted in the Boxster, it's just a great fun cruiser Not a racing machine. In my opinion the manual 6spd transmission is the only way to go and the clutch/shifter feel is very precise, the gas pedal has way too much resistance for my taste, I am getting used to it though. Hill start assist is also something that takes getting used to, I prefer not to have it because on uphill traffic it could be very annoying. My previous car was 2007 Infiniti M45 and I really wanted a driver's car with style, Boxster was it!

Favorite Features

6 spd manual transmission. Steering feel. Solid construction and ride much improved over 2008 used model that I had test driven. Design and overall German quality.

Suggested Improvements

More gas pedal response. Make hill assist more usable. I would prefer folding hard top.

The best roadster in it's class
By Lead foot

2010 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought this car last week, fun to drive and super nice to look at. I'm most impressed by its speed, hugs the road on turns. I took few turns at high speeds, car responded beyond my expectations! 7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung is a blast. This car will turn heads.

Favorite Features

7-Speed Porsche Doppelkupplung

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth contact list can only hold up to 100 #'s.