Used 2009 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Rock solid dependable awesome fun!
By johnc8551

2009 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best balanced car I've ever owned with no handling faults I can even think of. It's just an all around fun car to drive and care for. Oil changes and other maintenance is a bit expensive, but the maintenance intervals are spaced far enough apart that although each service is rather expensive ($450+), they don't come often enough to be excessive - especially for a car of this level. Like a loyal hunting dog, it just begs to go and play every time I walk into the garage. No unscheduled problems, so far with 32K miles on the odo.

Favorite Features

Incredibly fun to own and drive and care for. It's a Porsche. I don't mean for that to sound effete, but until you own one, you won't fully understand. I didn't either... The Porsche social scene through the PCA (Porsche Club of America) is active, fun, and very helpful and friendly.

Suggested Improvements

The CDR-30 telephone interface is not well designed or user friendly. Porsche should have selected a better vendor for this hardware. Automatic headlights would be a nice feature. The turn signal audio could be louder to help alert you that your turn signals are still on.

Fun to drive, exhilaration, hesitation
By HoustonOwner

2009 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.9L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2009 Boxster for about a month. I love the car but I'm having an issue with hesitation. The dealer's computer doesn't find any problems with the engine, but the car clearly hesitates sometimes. I'm not sure if the problem is with the PDK. It feels more like a problem with fuel injection. It's very annoying. From a dead stop when I press the gas pedal, I want the car to GO, not sputter and cough. What's the deal Porsche?

Favorite Features

Soft top opens, closes quickly. The purring sound of the engine. The build quality and interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The car hesitates - what's up Porsche? Upgraded Bose stereo is not very good. Upgraded leather comfort seats - leather looks and feels more like vinyl.