2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Like driving a High Tech Video Game
By James on 08/21/09 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so fun to drive. It handles likes its on rails and sounds so good that I'm always turning down the $1000 upgraded Bose stereo down so I can hear the 3.4 growl. I love going anywhere now. Haven't said that in a while. This is my daily driver and with the traffic here in town chose the triptronic. I never thought that I would be saying this but I am so glad I went with the Auto. Its like driving a high tech video game. Flying around corners and shifting is a blast. I can also be holding hands with my date and still drive the car like it should be driven.

The 'Wow' Factor
By SonzTwin on 06/11/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible Limited Edition S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my S-LE (almost) fully loaded with <6k mi - on eBay from a stranger, sight unseen. "Dumbest move imaginable" turned out to make me the "smartest buy guy" - this is the ONLY way to beat Porsche price-gouging. Sour-grapers sneer, "What's up with the..." or "Who drives an ORANGE car?", but there's no question this baby is a head-turner - more so than the PD or the Spyder. Folks at work I never talked to stop by for chats, strangers walk up wanting to know the name of the color, and little boys run after me in my hood shouting "I LOVE your car!". But that's vanity - what you experience behind the wheel is inSANity! I've named her my "joy toy"!

One Beautiful Sports Car
By James on 05/12/09 02:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Just got this car and stayed up half the night driving it around with the top down. It feels so good with the top down. The handling is top notch. You can feel the quality built into this car. Drove the 370z and even though it had more bells and whistles it wasn't near as fun to drive as the Boxster S. Plus chicks love a Porsche and that alone is worth the extra coin.

If you can afford one, buy one
By Jeff on 02/27/09 20:39 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 Boxster S for about 8 months and I am truly impressed. I can't believe the handling, power, styling and just how much fun it is to drive at any speed! I will sometimes just walk out into my garage and stare at this beautiful car. I have a black model with the tan interior, gorgeous. It is a real head turner when clean and shined up. The red calipers on the S are worth the price from a "wow" factor. I just walked through a Porsche showroom again last week and can't really see the reason to pay for more than the Boxster S delivers unless you are a professional driver.

Too much fun
By Jim on 01/27/09 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Went to the local Porsche dealer to look at a used 95 Ferrari and spotted a Boxster S on the floor. I decided to take it for a spin and it now sits in my garage waiting for Spring. These cars are definitely built with the driver in mind. I doubt if there is a car made that is more well- balanced than a Boxster S.

One test drive
By RonB on 01/07/09 17:52 PM (PST)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Experienced BMW owner including the Z-4. On a whim, test drove the S and could not rest comfortably until I bought it. Made the Z-4 feel like a go-cart. Gas prices or not, I make up reasons to drive somewhere.

2500 miles of joy
By drmikeic on 10/23/08 17:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My new RED 2008 Boxster listed for $53,960.00 was able to get it for $45,300.00 It is wise to shop around. There is no need to go for the "S" model, stay with 18" wheels.The car is perfect in every way. Excellent heat, cold in ct. I drive it in 40 degree weather and am very warm. Get the wind stop however. The finish, build quality is beyond BMW, last car was a 2006 mz4. The ride is comfortable at 80 mph on interstate or 30 mph around town. The two trunks carry everything a normal person would carry, I even put my backpack leaf blower in trunk. As far as visual it is a breathtaking auto from all angles. Watch out for "racers," they always want to race you. Smile and let them go, your car is a joy.

Perfection
By Jared on 10/03/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

There is no such thing as the perfect car, as I found out by going through 25 of them in 7 years. At least that is what I thought until this car. If you are considering a sports car and a Boxster is in your budget then you absolutely must drive one. I have owned cars that were faster in a straight line (2 Vipers, 4 Corvettes, and an 03 Mustang Cobra), but none of them felt the way this car does. The smoothness of this car is just flat out incredible. It does everything so well, and I can't really describe it, but it just feels good no matter what kind of driving you are doing. Of course it is at its best when you are doing aggressive driving on your favorite curvy road. Yes it is perfect.

My second Boxster
By Susan on 07/31/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my 05 Boxster (purchased brand new) for a new 08. I love my Boxster. Style, class, name, prestige, and oh yes, it is a hot little car. You won't be disappointed with this car. For me it handles better than a 911 because the engine is in the middle.

perfection?
By Zenith on 07/23/08 13:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned many sports cars. Previously owned a NC Miata and Nissan 300ZX TT. I hoped and was successful combining the best features of each car with the Boxster S. It's an all out blast to drive. Quick, nimble, powerful, classic good looks and with great exhaust sound. It loves winding mountain roads and hates logging trucks! Get the factory short throw shifter if you really love driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.