It's not what I wanted but ... I can't help liking it!
By tomfla on
2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)
I really wanted an Elise, but ... I bought the Silver Bullet with 43K miles on her. I have had the base model 2007 Boxster for 3 months/ 7000 miles. I have had no mechanical issues with the car. I did have to replace the front brakes and rear main seal but that is to be expected in a used Boxster of this age. The black leather interior is quite nice, there are no cracks even at 50K miles. Interior comfort features are somewhat as space is at a premium. Build quality, fit and finish are better than I expected.
Favorite Features
I am really starting to like this car. It makes me smile... when I see it, when I drive it, and when the girls holla at me drivin by. I sometimes turn the Bose stereo off in favor of the exhaust note. The car is quite practical for its impracticality - the two trunks are quite handy for grocery runs or luggage. The Boxster is not the fastest car to 60, but it handles great. I do wish it had just a teensy bit more power (or less weight) or that I could have afforded the S model. She leaks just a lil bit on the passenger side somewhere. I gotta get that checked. Maintenance items can be pricey. Potential buyers - have the vehicle you are interested in inspected.
Suggested Improvements
This is car Nirvana. It's a tight squeeze for the 6' 4" or taller people; but it fits me just fine :)