2007 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Great car, but problems
By aa on 05/15/07 16:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

I am now on my second Boxster S. I traded in my 2001 for this current model. I love driving the car, I like the exhaust note a lot more than my previous one, it handles great etc. Funny thing just happened, I started to notice a clanking sound from the front left. I took it to the dealer twice and apparently there is a problem with some sort of pressure line in the power steering system. It apparently is a problem that Porsche has been aware of on these new models as well as the Caymans, but there is no repair solution. Because it is apparently not a safety concern I can't lemon the car. So now I have a car that is fun to drive except for that hideous noise from the front... go figure.

Performance, no customer brand immersion
By Perfrmnc not amenity on 05/03/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Exhaust note and handling captured me, over leasing another BMW Z4. Just 400 miles on it, but getting 18 mpg around town. Needs Bluetooth and assist like BMW or Northstar.

My Boxster S
By hts on 03/17/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from a BMW 330i, a daily driver that I've adored since 2001, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this car as much as I do. I still only have 250 miles on it (picked it up with 6), but it puts a smile on my face every time I start it up. The car draws plenty of attention, and even though it's far from broken in (I'm trying my best to keep the RPM's under 5,000), the car is a real blast to drive. I even enjoy it on my lousy commute up/down the congested Rt. 7 here in N. Virginia, and if you know anything about Rt. 7 during rush hour, that should tell you something about the car!

Great Experience
By Nick Bolton on 01/21/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my standard Boxster in Nov. '06 and have been able to use it more than I'd expected with this mild winter. It has been a great all around experience so far, from the dealership to Porsche follow ups after sale. The car itself is fantastic to drive. It is not as powerful as my Audi S4 or the Corvette, but I have had a much more thrilling driving experience. The 245 HP is plenty powerful enough and the handling is first class. The engine note is great, the cars a real head turner and the fit and finish are everything you'd expect in a Porsche. The other, less obvious plus for me, is the cargo space. I can get a golf bag in the rear trunk and two airline overhead compartment sized cases in the front trunk.

2007 Boxster
By Texas Porsche Guy on 10/11/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I use to own an older '86 911 and always looked at the Boxster as a toy car and was not impressed. I recently went looking to buy a fun ragtop and was planning to spend $40,000 - $50,000 to buy a used 911 Cab, SL500, SLK, or a new Vette (go figure, I liked the look). I reviewed them and threw out the SL500 for being too expensive (I wanted an '03 or newer). I did not like how the SLK350 drive felt. A 911 Cab for $50,000 meant a '91 - '92 model, so for fun I drove a new Boxster. It was faster than my 911 and it drove much better. The Vette was nice but just wasn't my style and I can't explain that. The Boxster drives great and the Bose stereo is a must. If you love driving and listening to music then this is the best vehicle there is for the money.

What a Driving Experience!
By GmanMD on 10/08/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have now owned this car for two days and all I can say is wow. It is a head-turner, it drives beautifully, and it just keeps bringing a smile to my face. This car is just fun.

This car ROCKS!!
By Mark on 09/30/06 21:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

The Boxster S has come into its own with this 3.4L 295HP Engine. What a Car! It has perfect balance and plenty of POWER! The exhaust note is intoxicating, it is just loud enough. The Cayman with the same engine is way too loud inside the car. I can not wait until the engine is broken in so I can really drive the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.