Used 2007 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

A car that puts a smile on my face
By metroflyer

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car since new and have done nothing but enjoy it. It is great fun to drive, I almost always drive on side roads and not the freeway, just keeps the rocks and debris off the front end. The car handles great, feels like it is on rails when going around sharp corners. I am getting very good gas mileage, close to 30, keeping the RPM down helps.

Performance, comfort, exterior design

Can't think of much, no car has everything you want.

1st time Porsche owner
By weekend thrill

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm in my early 60's and after riding motorcycles for over 20 years I felt it was time be a little safer but still have weekend fun and thrills. I test drove a Vette but once I got behind the wheel of the Porsche Boxster and put it through its paces, I was sold. I drove both the Boxster's standard and S models and the other Porsche, top of the line, models and after comparing the price differences and only driving the Boxster on weekends ( I only have 4500 miles on it) I felt the standard model Boxster was fine with me. For an old guy the Boxster is everything I could want and more!

No problems so far. Its fast,agile, corners great, no drifting and great braking. I have the 5 spd trans and still have fun shifting thru the gears. My wife and myself love driving up Calif. Hwy 1 with the top down. The gas mileage is better than I expected. The front and rear trunk areas are ample.

Bose radio can be improved. Buttons for radio, AC, etc are hard to see and push when driving. Needs bluetooth. Have to drive very slowly over bumps and dips, front bumper hits. Had to get use to checking the oil- no dip stick. Hard to get in and out of, but hey it's a sports car!

Inexpensive super car
By chemprof98

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If you like to drive, then this is the car. Handling, speed and responsiveness are unparalleled. Had a MB SLK 280 and 240. Cute car but nothing like this. While you can't legally get to 150, this car will do it easily and quickly. A blast to drive and a strangely satisfying sound to listen to as you drive. Great purchase.

Design and quality of the entire car.

Somehow there should be a spare even a donut would be a welcomed addition.

A Great Little Car
By Franko

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car 11/06, it was a special order and now has 7000 miles on it. Prior to this I owned a Mazda Miata, prior to that a Triumph TR3B, before that a MG-TD. So far I have had no problems what so ever, it has been a great little car. My car has standard seats, which are fine, and navigation which is useful but expensive.

Handling is superb, acceleration and braking are great, fun to drive. EPA says 32 mpg, I've gotten 30, not bad for a vehicle that will go 160 mph; huge amounts of trunk space, at least compared to other sports cars. Used to think AC and power tops were stupid on sports cars, love 'em now.

No spare and tires are not run flat, front bumper cover is very low, scrapes all the time, I found an aftermarket skid plate which I'm going to install.

Fun to drive when not in the shop
By topoff

2007 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.4L 6cyl 6M)

In the 4 weeks I've owned the car, it's been in the shop 4 times and going back again. Indicators showed low tire in the first 3 days of purchase. Had to buy a new tire. Wind noise around side windows, then controller went out for auto up driver window. While fixing that, they disconnected door side light. Dealer doesn't carry parts, so it's always 2 trips for repair. BMW Z4 wasn't in shop this much in 3 years I leased it. But fun to drive when I have it. If this keeps up, next review will be titled "piece of crap." Evidently lots of understanding needed for intricasies of the brand.

Handling, fast.

Improve quality and customer service/attention.

• SUV