2007 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
It's not what I wanted but ... I can't help liking it!
By tomfla on 04/13/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really wanted an Elise, but ... I bought the Silver Bullet with 43K miles on her. I have had the base model 2007 Boxster for 3 months/ 7000 miles. I have had no mechanical issues with the car. I did have to replace the front brakes and rear main seal but that is to be expected in a used Boxster of this age. The black leather interior is quite nice, there are no cracks even at 50K miles. Interior comfort features are somewhat as space is at a premium. Build quality, fit and finish are better than I expected.

Perfect Sports Car
By Porsche Nut on 03/08/10 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My bride and I ordered this car in June of 2006 as our wedding gift to each other. Even though we bought the "base" Boxster, we optioned it up with all the goodies including the hardtop to a list of $67000! We got the base as it has plenty of power, great performance and really does get over 30 mpg on the highway. It is great for tooling around the backroads of Pennsylvania, Virginia, West (by God) Virginia and Maryland and can hold enough luggage for a week and still have room left for making frequent stops at the wineries! The overall performance is superb. I have owned Alfas, Fiats, Lancias, Triumphs and nothing compares to the Porsche. Expensive yes, but well worth it.

The perfect roadster.
By bb on 08/13/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It is nearly impossible to stop smiling when driving this engaging car. The precise, responsive handling and cornering ability are superb. The 245 hp base engine provides plenty of power and torque when kept in the right RPM bands. It excels on twisty side roads, but is a fairly comfortable highway cruiser. Front and rear trunks provide surprising capacity. No problems whatsoever after 2-1/2 years of varied driving. I never want to drive anything else.

Great car!
By Cindy on 05/27/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

It handles like a sports car, but has a very smooth ride. I still can't believe the power in acceleration. I traded in a Mazda Miata, so this is quite a step up. It functions very well as an everyday car, and the storage space is a bonus. This is certainly a car you can take on a weekend with luggage. There are so many features including an onboard computer that it may be months before I know the full potential of this vehicle. The downside (or upside depending on your perspective) is I'll probably never buy any other car than a Porsche.

rides on rails
By greg on 09/27/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It's not that fast but it handles like nothing else. Seems to be on rails and takes corners 10 times better than anything I've driven. I only get 20 mpg and that was with conservative driving before my 2000 mile break-in period. The paint chips very easily, more easily than any car I've had. And the seats are extremely narrow at the shoulders. If fact, they hurt and I'm considering some after market seats. Seems you have to be a skinny teenager to fit in the seats. But overall it's a thrill to drive down winding roads.

A car that puts a smile on my face
By metroflyer on 07/28/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car since new and have done nothing but enjoy it. It is great fun to drive, I almost always drive on side roads and not the freeway, just keeps the rocks and debris off the front end. The car handles great, feels like it is on rails when going around sharp corners. I am getting very good gas mileage, close to 30, keeping the RPM down helps.

1st time Porsche owner
By weekend thrill on 07/20/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm in my early 60's and after riding motorcycles for over 20 years I felt it was time be a little safer but still have weekend fun and thrills. I test drove a Vette but once I got behind the wheel of the Porsche Boxster and put it through its paces, I was sold. I drove both the Boxster's standard and S models and the other Porsche, top of the line, models and after comparing the price differences and only driving the Boxster on weekends ( I only have 4500 miles on it) I felt the standard model Boxster was fine with me. For an old guy the Boxster is everything I could want and more!

Inexpensive super car
By chemprof98 on 07/20/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If you like to drive, then this is the car. Handling, speed and responsiveness are unparalleled. Had a MB SLK 280 and 240. Cute car but nothing like this. While you can't legally get to 150, this car will do it easily and quickly. A blast to drive and a strangely satisfying sound to listen to as you drive. Great purchase.

A Great Little Car
By Franko on 06/19/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car 11/06, it was a special order and now has 7000 miles on it. Prior to this I owned a Mazda Miata, prior to that a Triumph TR3B, before that a MG-TD. So far I have had no problems what so ever, it has been a great little car. My car has standard seats, which are fine, and navigation which is useful but expensive.

Great Experience
By Nick Bolton on 01/21/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2007 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my standard Boxster in Nov. '06 and have been able to use it more than I'd expected with this mild winter. It has been a great all around experience so far, from the dealership to Porsche follow ups after sale. The car itself is fantastic to drive. It is not as powerful as my Audi S4 or the Corvette, but I have had a much more thrilling driving experience. The 245 HP is plenty powerful enough and the handling is first class. The engine note is great, the cars a real head turner and the fit and finish are everything you'd expect in a Porsche. The other, less obvious plus for me, is the cargo space. I can get a golf bag in the rear trunk and two airline overhead compartment sized cases in the front trunk.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.