2006 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
First impressions
By Cricket on 02/18/10 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just drove the car 1700 miles in 3 days, so here's my first impression: This car is a blast to drive. I have a couple pet-peeves already, but I have no regrets about my purchase!

All round Porsche
By keith on 05/25/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent all around car. Fun to drive. Great performance with good gas mileage. No maintenance issues whatsoever in three years of ownership.

Too little, for too much
By B L on 05/17/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my Audi A4 for a Porsche Boxter. I got an automatic with the sport package along with the premium package. It has been a fun car to have but the oil changes are $700.00 every 20,000 miles, and the Bridgestone tires wore out in 18,00 miles which were $1,500 dollars to replace. The interior is cheap for a Porsche, but the sounds system is awesome (Bose).

Best combination of handling and speed
By pbschroeder on 06/11/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We've had this car for about a year and a half. It is relatively fast, very comfortable and handles great. We had an '01 Boxster, which was a VW compared to this. It is not as fast as some other cars, but the handling more than makes up for it.

New one
By db65 on 02/20/08 21:33 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I previously owned a '99 blk on blk Boxster in '04. That car blew an engine at 72k miles that cost me $12k to replace. Due to my passion (possible stupidity) I traded in for a '06 Arctic Silver Boxster fully loaded. So far, I have finally had the Porsche experience but miss some of the 986 raw elements. The new '06 is more refined and had the gadgets but lacks some of the 986 prowlness and agility. Overall, the Boxster can't be beat. Buy one and see for yourself what fun you can have.

After One Full Year of Driving
By TomK17 on 10/26/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Just completed one full year of driving my 2006 Boxster so here is a quick assessment. Car is not a daily driver for me so miles are limited. Car drives very well, not as harsh as you might think. I have the 17" wheels which may add to that. To me, the 17s offer a more "big rubber" back tire look as opposed to the 18" wheels with a short sidewall. Handling difference is negligible. Build quality has been very good, no problems, no squeaks / rattles just like you would expect with a new car! Long maintenance terms, factory says first oil change at 20K miles so even if you chicken out and go 15K it's still a long time. Car gets a lot of looks - hopefully resale will be good as well.

What a Sports Car
By Hawaii1628 on 02/05/07 01:01 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am have an Acura and Benz, this Boxster S gives me chance to truly experience what a sports car is about. It corners very well and is fast. The 18" wheel makes you feel you are glued to the road. The two trunks are the biggest you can find in all convertible. The seat is pretty comfortable. If you are ever thinking about buying a Porsche, don't think any more, go get one ASAP. You only live once, do I have to say any more?

Tight and Nimble
By Craig Dickinson on 01/23/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car seems to be well thought out with easy to see displays and a trip computer that provides exceptional trip information. It is fast off the mark, smooth at speeds over 70 mph, and sticks to corners like glue. I use for business trips <250 miles. The two trunks are still small, but I find that, with creativity, all needed items can be stored. The two coat hooks on the back of the seats let me store my suit coat. The seating positioning is comfortable, but only for those who are 6 feet tell and under. I suggest adding protective coating (option) to protect front and wheel areas from nicks from stones, etc.. I have put 2,300 miles on mine in 10 days, enjoying the journey as much as destination! Buy it!

Highly Recommended!
By Claude on 01/19/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Boxster S so I'm very happy with the styling, handling, and performance. The cost of options is ridiculous. Plus there is a long wait time for "exclusive" options. Beware that options don't appreciably improve resale value so select them carefully. Some options should have been standard such as automatic climate control. The second generation Boxsters (Starting with the'05 model) are greatly improved in almost all ways. I wasn't expecting much difference from my '01 S but was amazed how much improved the '06 S was - certainly enough to compel me to pay the cost of upgrading. Beware that the residual value for used Boxsters is lower than 911s. This could be expensive if you don't intend to keep the car.

Exceeding my Expectations, Former BMW Guy
By Mikeebear on 11/30/06 13:23 PM (PST)

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just got mine a few days over a BMW X4 si. It is a true dream to drive - its smooth shifting and hydraulic clutch make it easy in traffic. The steering is precise and responsive. Its handling is excellent. It's not eye-poppingly fast but still very quick and inspiring. The brakes are powerful. This car has a LOT of trunk space. One in the back and one in the front, you can use it for groceries even! It's a little cramped inside but I am 6'2" and I fit fine. The interior is just right. I strongly suggest the full leather option. Power seats are not necessary for this car. The build quality is excellent, as Porsche uses only high quality parts which equates to low maintenance. I got it for only $40,000 and it has a $52,000 MSRP. Get one NOW!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.