Used 2006 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

First impressions
By Cricket

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Just drove the car 1700 miles in 3 days, so here's my first impression: This car is a blast to drive. I have a couple pet-peeves already, but I have no regrets about my purchase!

Favorite Features

The sound of the engine, acceleration, the fact I had a teenage shake my hand at a gas station on the 3rd day of ownership who was driving a mustang!

Suggested Improvements

Tiptronic on steering wheel is annoying when accidentally pressed, cabin noise, and not a fan of the auto- volume on the radio

All round Porsche
By keith

2006 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent all around car. Fun to drive. Great performance with good gas mileage. No maintenance issues whatsoever in three years of ownership.

Favorite Features

Best feature is engine drivetrain synchrony - wonderfully smooth shifting through the gears.

Suggested Improvements

Not much interior storage room.

Too little, for too much
By B L

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in my Audi A4 for a Porsche Boxter. I got an automatic with the sport package along with the premium package. It has been a fun car to have but the oil changes are $700.00 every 20,000 miles, and the Bridgestone tires wore out in 18,00 miles which were $1,500 dollars to replace. The interior is cheap for a Porsche, but the sounds system is awesome (Bose).

Favorite Features

Bi-Xenon Headlights, Bose Sound System, One touch feature of Top, Tiptronic, leather, and muffler sound

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio, ipod hook-up, a sound when you lock the car with the keys, less wind noise when top is up, and better brakes...they squeak all the time and I have had them changed out by a Porsche Dealership.

Best combination of handling and speed
By pbschroeder

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

We've had this car for about a year and a half. It is relatively fast, very comfortable and handles great. We had an '01 Boxster, which was a VW compared to this. It is not as fast as some other cars, but the handling more than makes up for it.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

iPod and satellite radio connectivity, better mileage.

New one
By db65

2006 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I previously owned a '99 blk on blk Boxster in '04. That car blew an engine at 72k miles that cost me $12k to replace. Due to my passion (possible stupidity) I traded in for a '06 Arctic Silver Boxster fully loaded. So far, I have finally had the Porsche experience but miss some of the 986 raw elements. The new '06 is more refined and had the gadgets but lacks some of the 986 prowlness and agility. Overall, the Boxster can't be beat. Buy one and see for yourself what fun you can have.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, larger engine, and yes cup holders (hey I'm a coffee drinker).

Suggested Improvements

An iPod hookup, flashdrive/usb for music.