Used 2004 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Amazing car to drive
By NDALUM

2004 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had a Mitsubishi GS, SRT, Turbo charged Passat among others. Even though the others were brand new or close to it when bought, I traded my 2008 Passat for a 2004 Boxster S and cannot be happier. It is a blast to drive, super super fast. Not as fast as the M3 or Vette I test drove, but way more of a head turner. Top down is sick. It's quite the pick and the engine sounds sweet. It is quite the head turner, a blast to drive, and my daily driver. Just could not drive a 4 door to work anymore.

I have the navigation, despite being 5 years old, love it. Bose system, Xenon, power top, rear defroster, the sweet sounding 6, 12 second top, and the window controls in the center.

Have to get a 997 next, cannot wait.

I Love My 2004 Boxster!
By Drjon

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned multiple foreign and domestic sports cars and have never owned a vehicle that gives me such pleasure to drive as my carrara white 2004 Porsche Boxster! This car was designed as a modern version of the Porsche 550 Spyder of the 1950s and it is a blast to drive as I'm sure that car was/is. It has the technology to make even long drives comfortable and the Bose sound system is the best I have ever heard (home or in a car. It even beats my 2007 BMW 335i Harmon Kardon system). This car gets looks everywhere I go and rightly so-It is a beauty. I would strongly encourage anyone to purchase this car-you won't regret it!

Body Design. Engine Design. Sheer Fun to drive. Easy to open and close automatic convertible top. Boxster red leather interior with embossed Porsche logo on the headrests. Bose sound system. 17" sport wheels.

None

Boxster
By jp

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been very reliable. It is very quick and handles like it is on tracks. This has to be one of the best cars out there for the money. The quality of the car is excellent. The Bose stereo system sounds great as well as the sound of the engine. I'm very happy with this car and will not but any other brand than Porsche.

The suspension and handling. This car is so quick and fun.

none

This car can't miss....
By Car Expert

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If it's the best sports car convertible for the money you are looking for...the Boxster is the car to get. It out handles most every other automobile on the road...including some exotics! While the "S" model is the one to own if extra horsepower is what you want...the standard Boxster has plenty of power to dust off most wanna be sports cars....like their marketing campaign says...Porsche..there is no substitute!

The powerful Bose sound system is one of the best I've ever heard in any application...handling is a perfect 10...gas mileage is exceptional, did I mention the handling?

They've added more leg room to the '06 model...and upped the horsepower for the same base price...they can't improve it much more than this!

Porsche Boxster
By jp

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Boxster handles great and drives better on the highway than my wife's CLK 320 convertible. 3rd gear moves the car very quickly. Few cars can keep up with this car around corners or open road. Test drove the SL 500, 911, & Corvette before buying this car. Overall, this car is better than any of the other three. It has the power, handling and it is a blast to drive.

Handling & brakes. Overall great car!

Nothing.