2004 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Amazing car to drive
By NDALUM on 06/26/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had a Mitsubishi GS, SRT, Turbo charged Passat among others. Even though the others were brand new or close to it when bought, I traded my 2008 Passat for a 2004 Boxster S and cannot be happier. It is a blast to drive, super super fast. Not as fast as the M3 or Vette I test drove, but way more of a head turner. Top down is sick. It's quite the pick and the engine sounds sweet. It is quite the head turner, a blast to drive, and my daily driver. Just could not drive a 4 door to work anymore.

I Love My 2004 Boxster!
By Drjon on 03/27/08 16:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned multiple foreign and domestic sports cars and have never owned a vehicle that gives me such pleasure to drive as my carrara white 2004 Porsche Boxster! This car was designed as a modern version of the Porsche 550 Spyder of the 1950s and it is a blast to drive as I'm sure that car was/is. It has the technology to make even long drives comfortable and the Bose sound system is the best I have ever heard (home or in a car. It even beats my 2007 BMW 335i Harmon Kardon system). This car gets looks everywhere I go and rightly so-It is a beauty. I would strongly encourage anyone to purchase this car-you won't regret it!

Boxster
By jp on 11/12/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been very reliable. It is very quick and handles like it is on tracks. This has to be one of the best cars out there for the money. The quality of the car is excellent. The Bose stereo system sounds great as well as the sound of the engine. I'm very happy with this car and will not but any other brand than Porsche.

This car can't miss....
By Car Expert on 03/04/06 16:12 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

If it's the best sports car convertible for the money you are looking for...the Boxster is the car to get. It out handles most every other automobile on the road...including some exotics! While the "S" model is the one to own if extra horsepower is what you want...the standard Boxster has plenty of power to dust off most wanna be sports cars....like their marketing campaign says...Porsche..there is no substitute!

Porsche Boxster
By jp on 07/09/05 12:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Boxster handles great and drives better on the highway than my wife's CLK 320 convertible. 3rd gear moves the car very quickly. Few cars can keep up with this car around corners or open road. Test drove the SL 500, 911, & Corvette before buying this car. Overall, this car is better than any of the other three. It has the power, handling and it is a blast to drive.

Mid-life love
By Old Guy on 05/10/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My 2004 Porsche Boxster has been a treat to drive. I never understood the whole sports car thing. It was a gift from my boss which my wife quickly claimed as hers. We both drive it and could not be happier with anything else. We are now looking at getting the Porsche SUV because of how this car has behaved. In addition, the dealership has been beyond wonderful. If all Porsche dealerships are like this all other dealers should shut their doors and go home. I love the car! Can you say "wind in my hair"? Can you say "officer I am 50 and this is my first ticket-ever!"? Can you say "listen to that exhaust note"? Can you say "why did I wait this long"?

like no other...period!
By Mr. cars.... on 03/24/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

There are many 2-seater convertibles out there for a variety of prices...most are more affordable than the Porsche Boxster...but none are more fun to own and drive! This vehicle handles incredibly and although it has sufficient power for our taste...the "S" version should provide sufficient power for the most decerning enthusiast. While the Corvettes are slightly faster to 60 mph...you don't get there in as classy a car as the German Porsche. The Bose sound system is exceptional as well....making the entire top down experience something to look forward to everytime we take it for a drive. There is no substitute!

Definition of a sports car...
By M.T. on 01/13/05 14:55 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Not only does this car handle incredibly, it fits any driver like a glove and provides them with a much better "feel for the road" than any huge, SUV will ever be able to do. The plain black interior, when accented with aluminum pedals and gauge bezels, is so stunning, that many of my car "afficionado" friends have said it looks better than most other over-blown sports cars. I think for 2005 they're over doing the interiors of the Porsches....too much luxury...not enough "sports car"! Definately get the Pirelli P-Zero tire combination. Its the best. Its hard to beat a Boxster if you want to drive a modern version of a throwback to the past! Well done Porsche...how can you top this car?

Nice car
By joe12 on 01/09/05 19:01 PM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've never deiven a sports car like this before. I've owned Ferarris, Corvettes, Mazeratti's and many more. Nothing has made great driving this affordable.

As good as it gets
By Dromq on 12/30/04 08:18 AM (PST)

2004 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Porsche (356B, 356SC, Boxster) and they just keep getting better. How many cars make you smile when you turn the key and, at the same time have two trunks? Of course, it is all about the driving experience and this one has it all: Sports care manners in a car that you can use everyday. I know that some will find it outlandish, but I have a hard top and ski rack and I really use them. Handling in the snow can be exciting, but that is what driving this car is all about. The plain interier is very Teutonic and quite fitting in a real sports car--this isn't a Lexus or Mercedes after all. Just drive it!

1 2 3 4 5 next »