Boxster S
By boxster008 on
2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
If you like to drive, buy a Boxster S. The regular Boxster is almost as good, but the "S" gives you just enough extra power to pass on an uphill curve in 6th gear. This is my first convertible and I wonder why I never bought one before. I drive it to work every day, rain, shine, snow or sleet. Even though the rear end slides a little when it is slippery, it never gets stuck. Indeed, the fun of a little drift is one of the reasons I bought it without traction control. Why let a computer drive your car for you? I can't understand why some drivers put these cars in the garage all winter--it means you don't have fun several months per year. I guess that is why Porsche made the Cayenne.
Favorite Features
You have to start with the power and the handling: sine qua non. The top is terrific--easy up, easy down. And, a hard top for the winter that goes on in 10 minutes and looks OK. But, there's more: a German engineered ski rack (including a German engineered price)!
Suggested Improvements
A nicer looking dashboard (we are really reaching here). A built in phone that doesn't hit the passenger's knees (?completely electronic built into the radio)