Used 2003 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

A great ride
By ray daquilante

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Wow. It's the car I've always wanted the style and character are there. Just hoping that the reliability is there cant comment too early. Will be a car that I will keep for years to come.

Favorite Features

The power and handling is great

Suggested Improvements

When top is down need to get improved stereo system

Best car I've everdriven.
By Craig

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful driving experience. Maintenance has not been near as much as I had feared. Fast, rugged, reliable, fun to drive and a great track car.

Favorite Features

The fluid quality of the way it handese and moves

Suggested Improvements

More power is always fun. Needs iPod connectivity for Boes Premium sound system.

I love this car
By DIC_CAMARILLO

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Porsche and what a pleasant surprise. This car is so easy to drive! The mid engine design allows this car to be driven so hard. You feel so confident driving this car fast. The materials are great, with the exception of some cheap plastic inside. The power top is wonderful and fast. Awesome looks! Great interior, comfortable seats, lots of storage and yes, Awesome looks - did I already mention that this car looks incredible! If you get one, go for the 2003 and newer. You get a glass rear window, more power and a glove box. Those additional items are worth the extra money. Also, you don't need to get a stick in this car - the tiptronic works well and is easy to use.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Handles like its on rails. Top speed (I've had her to 145 and she was still pulling). Better balance than our 911. Confortable seats. Quality materials (except for some pieces of cheap plastic). This car looks great from every angle!

Suggested Improvements

We've had some issues: ignition lock cylinder cracked, dr side seatbelt latch broke, power top had a piece of plastic come loose, stereo replaced twice, rear windscreen clips loose, cupholder broke. The big one was the engine blown at 23K miles - 6mm balance shaft cap bolts - retrofit is 8mm.

Turning Heads
By Louise

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In my 30 years of driving experience, this is by far the most impressive, fun car to drive. I work for a company that employs 500+ people, and have had people I don't even know approach me about this car. I am getting a "thumbs up" from everyone! It is certainly an attention getter. The looks are impressive and driving it is like a "mini vacation." It is a thrill to leave work, put the top down, crank up the stereo and cruise on home. I could use up all the available space in this review and not be able to fully convey what a pleasure this car is to own and drive.

Favorite Features

The way it handles - it is solid, responsive and smooth. The way it looks -- wow! The comfort of the seats -- they just conform to and hug your body.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best Car Ever
By steve watkins

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I loved Honda S2000 until I drove the Porsche Boxster. It is a great car, fun to drive. I have never had a car that turns so many heads. It has lots of power, great handling, and it makes going to work a pleasure.

Favorite Features

Handling, Bose stereo, and styling. I love the way top stores itself. with the S2000 there's the boot to deal with. Too many positive things to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding ? It's a battle with wife to see who gets to drive it. "close enough to perfect."