2003 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Best car I've everdriven.
By Craig on 04/29/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful driving experience. Maintenance has not been near as much as I had feared. Fast, rugged, reliable, fun to drive and a great track car.

I love this car
By DIC_CAMARILLO on 12/26/07 23:26 PM (PST)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Porsche and what a pleasant surprise. This car is so easy to drive! The mid engine design allows this car to be driven so hard. You feel so confident driving this car fast. The materials are great, with the exception of some cheap plastic inside. The power top is wonderful and fast. Awesome looks! Great interior, comfortable seats, lots of storage and yes, Awesome looks - did I already mention that this car looks incredible! If you get one, go for the 2003 and newer. You get a glass rear window, more power and a glove box. Those additional items are worth the extra money. Also, you don't need to get a stick in this car - the tiptronic works well and is easy to use.

Turning Heads
By Louise on 04/21/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In my 30 years of driving experience, this is by far the most impressive, fun car to drive. I work for a company that employs 500+ people, and have had people I don't even know approach me about this car. I am getting a "thumbs up" from everyone! It is certainly an attention getter. The looks are impressive and driving it is like a "mini vacation." It is a thrill to leave work, put the top down, crank up the stereo and cruise on home. I could use up all the available space in this review and not be able to fully convey what a pleasure this car is to own and drive.

Best Car Ever
By steve watkins on 04/07/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I loved Honda S2000 until I drove the Porsche Boxster. It is a great car, fun to drive. I have never had a car that turns so many heads. It has lots of power, great handling, and it makes going to work a pleasure.

My Boxster
By Moki on 06/01/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

During 26 months of ownership it was down for repairs for a total of 90 days with multiple problems over multiple systems from electrical to suspension and lastly a new engine. I've received no traffics tickets in this car to demonstrate it has been pampered. Porsche did extend the warranty for two years, but have been very slow deciding how to repair, obtaining parts, and scheduling the work.

There is no better
By Pilot2519Juliet on 04/29/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car is the closest to perfection there is out there. The Boxster will outhandle anything out there now. Road and Track did a slalom run in which it blasted the Enzo's (the Ferrari guy costing $700K) record. True it does not have an overabundance of hp's but once you pounce on the accelarator you get usable power with unmatch driving dymamics. With a top speed of close to 170 mph I think it is fast enough.

VROOOOM VROOOOM
By PJ on 02/17/05 13:16 PM (PST)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great little car! It's a pleasure driving it daily. I've owned the Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 and the SL 500 previously, neither one compare to this car. Awesome little sports car for the price...

Golf Clubs may ride shotgun
By The Ironman on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great German roadster with lots of attitude. You can weave through traffic, get to work, put in your hours, and still make tee time. If you play golf, certain bags will fit in the rear trunk, but you will have to remove the woods and lay them in seperately or let them ride shotgun. Bose system is a must if you plan on going topless. I've had a few problems with the stereo and the dealership has tried to correct it the second time but was not successfull, I hope they will get it right the 3rd time around. Besides that, it has been a great addition in the garage.

Now this is a car
By jpcourt on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I’ve now had this car for a couple of months and have put on about 1200 miles. I love this car, it handles great stops on a dime and all and all is one terrific sports car. I drove just about every sports car in this price range and I kept coming back to the Boxter S, in my opinion you can’t go wrong with this car.

Is this heaven?
By ds2k1 on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Haven't had my Boxster S long, but I can't imagine a better first impression. Handles unbelievably, has excellent power and torque, is absolutely gorgeous to look at, has an excellent amount of storage for its class, is pretty roomy inside, and provides about 95% of the thrills of a 911 cabrio for at least $30K less. And for me, it is an absolutely livable everyday driver, whereas the S2000 (the other car I considered) is not. If you're thinking about the Boxster, just do it - you won't regret it!