2003 Porsche Boxster Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

2003 Boxster Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Sort Reviews by

A great ride
By ray daquilante

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Wow. It's the car I've always wanted the style and character are there. Just hoping that the reliability is there cant comment too early. Will be a car that I will keep for years to come.

Favorite Features

The power and handling is great

Suggested Improvements

When top is down need to get improved stereo system

Best car I've everdriven.
By Craig

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderful driving experience. Maintenance has not been near as much as I had feared. Fast, rugged, reliable, fun to drive and a great track car.

Favorite Features

The fluid quality of the way it handese and moves

Suggested Improvements

More power is always fun. Needs iPod connectivity for Boes Premium sound system.

I love this car
By DIC_CAMARILLO

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is our 3rd Porsche and what a pleasant surprise. This car is so easy to drive! The mid engine design allows this car to be driven so hard. You feel so confident driving this car fast. The materials are great, with the exception of some cheap plastic inside. The power top is wonderful and fast. Awesome looks! Great interior, comfortable seats, lots of storage and yes, Awesome looks - did I already mention that this car looks incredible! If you get one, go for the 2003 and newer. You get a glass rear window, more power and a glove box. Those additional items are worth the extra money. Also, you don't need to get a stick in this car - the tiptronic works well and is easy to use.

Favorite Features

Great looks. Handles like its on rails. Top speed (I've had her to 145 and she was still pulling). Better balance than our 911. Confortable seats. Quality materials (except for some pieces of cheap plastic). This car looks great from every angle!

Suggested Improvements

We've had some issues: ignition lock cylinder cracked, dr side seatbelt latch broke, power top had a piece of plastic come loose, stereo replaced twice, rear windscreen clips loose, cupholder broke. The big one was the engine blown at 23K miles - 6mm balance shaft cap bolts - retrofit is 8mm.

Turning Heads
By Louise

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

In my 30 years of driving experience, this is by far the most impressive, fun car to drive. I work for a company that employs 500+ people, and have had people I don't even know approach me about this car. I am getting a "thumbs up" from everyone! It is certainly an attention getter. The looks are impressive and driving it is like a "mini vacation." It is a thrill to leave work, put the top down, crank up the stereo and cruise on home. I could use up all the available space in this review and not be able to fully convey what a pleasure this car is to own and drive.

Favorite Features

The way it handles - it is solid, responsive and smooth. The way it looks -- wow! The comfort of the seats -- they just conform to and hug your body.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best Car Ever
By steve watkins

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I loved Honda S2000 until I drove the Porsche Boxster. It is a great car, fun to drive. I have never had a car that turns so many heads. It has lots of power, great handling, and it makes going to work a pleasure.

Favorite Features

Handling, Bose stereo, and styling. I love the way top stores itself. with the S2000 there's the boot to deal with. Too many positive things to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding ? It's a battle with wife to see who gets to drive it. "close enough to perfect."

My Boxster
By Moki

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

During 26 months of ownership it was down for repairs for a total of 90 days with multiple problems over multiple systems from electrical to suspension and lastly a new engine. I've received no traffics tickets in this car to demonstrate it has been pampered. Porsche did extend the warranty for two years, but have been very slow deciding how to repair, obtaining parts, and scheduling the work.

Favorite Features

Appearance, it is a head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and reliability.

There is no better
By Pilot2519Juliet

2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car is the closest to perfection there is out there. The Boxster will outhandle anything out there now. Road and Track did a slalom run in which it blasted the Enzo's (the Ferrari guy costing $700K) record. True it does not have an overabundance of hp's but once you pounce on the accelarator you get usable power with unmatch driving dymamics. With a top speed of close to 170 mph I think it is fast enough.

Favorite Features

Engine music as you drive up through the gears. The driving dynamics, sensation and feedback are all perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the Boxster S to 300 hp. The interior has been revamped this year so no need to tamper with it.

VROOOOM VROOOOM
By PJ

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great little car! It's a pleasure driving it daily. I've owned the Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 and the SL 500 previously, neither one compare to this car. Awesome little sports car for the price...

Favorite Features

Oooh, the handling...oooh, the brakes...and ooooh ooohhh the VROOOOM it makes upon start up and punch up! Love the roar of the engine!

Suggested Improvements

The sun visor to turn for side glare. Auto bright sensor on rearview. Better location for cupholder. Programmable buttons for garage doors.

Golf Clubs may ride shotgun
By The Ironman

2003 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great German roadster with lots of attitude. You can weave through traffic, get to work, put in your hours, and still make tee time. If you play golf, certain bags will fit in the rear trunk, but you will have to remove the woods and lay them in seperately or let them ride shotgun. Bose system is a must if you plan on going topless. I've had a few problems with the stereo and the dealership has tried to correct it the second time but was not successfull, I hope they will get it right the 3rd time around. Besides that, it has been a great addition in the garage.

Favorite Features

Braking and handling is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

A better stereo system.

Now this is a car
By jpcourt

2003 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Iíve now had this car for a couple of months and have put on about 1200 miles. I love this car, it handles great stops on a dime and all and all is one terrific sports car. I drove just about every sports car in this price range and I kept coming back to the Boxter S, in my opinion you canít go wrong with this car.

Favorite Features

Handling, the looks of the car, the brakes and the wind in my hair

Suggested Improvements

The stereo is a bit of a let down I got the upgraded digital system and now wish I went with the Bose. Also the seat belt is a little difficult to reach back and grab to put on. Other than those two things no complaints.