2002 Porsche Boxster 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Poor Reliability of the Boxster

2002 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Review

2002 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

S Convertible (3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Poor Reliability of the Boxster "S"
By Peter Pattison on

2002 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My Boxster "S" purchased new by me in October 2001 has been the single most unreliable car that I have ever owned.The attitude of Porsche Cars GB Ltd and the Porsche Centre Reading has been and is one of unhurried indifference towards their customers.This is my fourth and LAST Porsche. It is little wonder that they rate much lower than Skoda on the J.D.Power survey. The car has had continual warranty problems from day one culminating in the failure or the intermediate gear and bearing, cost to me 3344.79 the parts of 873.71 supplied grudgingly by Porsche Cars GB F.O.C as this is a well documented design fault with this model. Porsche need to take some lessons from Lexus.

Favorite Features

Excellent design and concept, good to drive when it is running.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cars more reliable. Reduce huge service costs 99-00 per hour labour rate. Provide good service and communicate with customers. I always have to phone the dealer who never knows what is happening. Take some lessons from Lexus in reliability and providing customer satisfaction.