2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Proud Owner
By Val Taylor on 04/02/09 15:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the funnest car that I have ever driven. So balanced that it reminds me of the racing carts I had when I was in my teens. The only problem I have had with it is the ignition switch had to be replaced (factory recall or something). Car is reliable, high performance, and certainly lives up to the Porsche reputation. Have driven some friends 911's and the Boxster definitely handles better.

It's a porsche - enough said.
By dan on 11/19/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned to date. It's fun, sporty, handles well and holds its own against any other car out there. You cannot beat the style and I still get strangers coming up to talk about it. I don't buy the "poor man's" Porsche. It has the same interior and front of the 911 - less power, but I'll put the difference in money I saved in the bank and have just as much fun! Regular service calls are a little expensive, but only needs to be done every 18 months. Great car for the $.

seasoned porsche owner
By LB Zayszly on 06/05/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 1990 944 S2 convertible, and when I first saw the Boxster, I knew I had to have one. I also have the best Porsche mechanic in the business. I don't see him very often, because of the reliability of these cars. Personally, I don't want to ever drive another type of vehicle.The name Porsche speaks volumes and their reputation is unsurpassed. You have to know how to drive to appreciate these cars.

A Blast!
By Greg on 05/15/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my red Boxster w/55k miles for weekend fun. The problem is I can't keep my hands off of it. I find myself looking for excuses to run an errand just so I can take it out for a spin. The most fun car I have ever owned. Handling, engine note, brakes, styling are all incredible.

There is no substitute!!
By MikeG on 10/08/07 13:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned more sports cars over the past 40 years than I care to remember including Corvettes, "Z" and even a Firebird 400. None come close to as much fun to drive as my 02 S Boxster. The acceleration and handling are as much as I need at this point in my life. I've wanted a Porsche for as long as long they have been producing the 911 but never could justify the cost. The Boxster fit my budget and has given me everything I could have wanted in roadster. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a really fun car to drive.

Our first anniversary gift to ourselves
By The Eiserts on 08/17/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

My DH and I decided to buy something very unnecessary for our one year anniversary, so glad we did! We had been looking at the 2006 Mustang gt, but those are a dime a dozen now. We picked up our new toy for $16K in excellent condition. We love the comfort, handling, and speed. Yeah baby! We actually fight over who gets to drive! On our test drive, we got it up to 120 mph and it was barely over 3000 rpm ! Need I say more! This is one fun ride! It's a dream to drive in town as well as on the open road. Don't hesitate to buy this car!

So much fun...
By nola mike on 07/21/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car with 40k miles. Had been looking at a few other cars, Honda S2000 was close, and on paper seems better for the $$ (xenon, glass rear, reliability, great shifter), but I couldn't get myself to like it more. I was a little worried because this model didn't have PSM (stability control), but the handling is so good, and so neutral, that I haven't had a problem. You can kick the rear out with ease, but it's very easy to control. People have lots of complaints about the interior, but I'm not sure why.

Great Car!
By Alan on 05/24/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car since 2003, and to this day I still love it. I was one who used to change cars every few years, I've owned a BMW 5 series, Z3, 323i convertible, and a 318. I've also owned a clk430, c320 and a 1999 beetle. So as you can tell I love cars(!) and this so far has been my favorite one. It's never given me any mechanical problems, everything still works, nothing is broken. Wait... the only thing that did tear was the convertible top window, it came unstitched. Aside from that everything works fine. To anyone thinking of buying a car like this one, you won't be disappointed. If possible get one with the upgraded Porsche exhaust... it makes this puppy purrrrr.

Every Day Fun in the Sun
By jim on 12/18/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I drive the Boxster every chance I get (except in the snow). It's great on long trips and holds enough luggage for two people for a week's travel. I have had no problems and everyone wants to drive it. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rob on 09/17/06 13:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Boxster used with the assumption this car was a detuned, poor man's Porsche. Boy was I wrong. This car is a race bread performer! All I can say is, "pinch me" to make sure that I'm not dreaming, when actually I'm ," living the dream." Enjoy.