Used 2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Bucket List Car!
By Carol

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have waited all my life to own a Porsche and finale have a 2002 Boxster. I am in love with my car and totally enjoy driving it.
It's the best driving car that I have ever owned. It handles the road and exits great!

I have no owners manual with the car and I am in need of one. Also stored the vehicle for the New England winter and now I have to get a code to listen to the radio. I disconnected the battery, that was a surprise, unable to open the hood but thanks to goggle we fixed that. So simple but read up on it first. Looking forward to driving this summer again. Looking for tank away adventures. See you on the Road Again!

finally bought one- 2002 Boxster base
By tjw914

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Porsche. It's been about 6 years and 2 motorcycles since my last one. I've owned a 76' 911 Targa, and 2- 914's. My "new" Boxster is the best of both worlds. Power of my 70's 911 and mid engine handling of the 914. Every time I think I might be pushing too hard on it, it hunkers right down and just goes! At some point when the right S model comes along I'll trade this for one, but for now, it's just a fun responsive exhilarating ride!

Handling.

Tilting steering wheel.

Proud Owner
By Val Taylor

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the funnest car that I have ever driven. So balanced that it reminds me of the racing carts I had when I was in my teens. The only problem I have had with it is the ignition switch had to be replaced (factory recall or something). Car is reliable, high performance, and certainly lives up to the Porsche reputation. Have driven some friends 911's and the Boxster definitely handles better.

The cockpit... er... I mean the driver's seat and steering wheel layout. The overall looks, handling, and performance.

The plastic window in the back between the seats blew out a few times (have since removed it).

It's a porsche - enough said.
By dan

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have owned to date. It's fun, sporty, handles well and holds its own against any other car out there. You cannot beat the style and I still get strangers coming up to talk about it. I don't buy the "poor man's" Porsche. It has the same interior and front of the 911 - less power, but I'll put the difference in money I saved in the bank and have just as much fun! Regular service calls are a little expensive, but only needs to be done every 18 months. Great car for the $.

Style, value, great brakes. Looks fantastic with the hard top, soft top, or no top. Handles well and corners like a dream - no shakes or vibrations when cruising at 95 MPH or 20 in a residential.

Needs a tilt steering wheel - the cup holders are useless - holds nothing larger or taller than a Happy Meal drink - The plastic rear window has issues with folding correctly when lowering the top.

seasoned porsche owner
By LB Zayszly

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 1990 944 S2 convertible, and when I first saw the Boxster, I knew I had to have one. I also have the best Porsche mechanic in the business. I don't see him very often, because of the reliability of these cars. Personally, I don't want to ever drive another type of vehicle.The name Porsche speaks volumes and their reputation is unsurpassed. You have to know how to drive to appreciate these cars.

Six speed transmission, two trunks, the drivers seat hugs and holds you, and the pure power of this car permits you to dictate what kind of traffic you're in.

Please improve the cup holders and a glass rear window would be nice.