Used 2000 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:

Excellence in Motion
By layedbak1

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Have driven and owned many cars in my life, and this little Boxster is by far the most fun to drive. The only one I have driven that comes close was a 1965 Jag XKE coupe. The only negative was the IMS bearing issue that I noticed before it became a catastrophe, and had replaced with a LN Engineering ceramic ball bearing IMS bearing. Worth every penny. There's nothing like the growl of that boxster engine at 5500 rpms, or the handling on turns. You haven't experienced the pleasure of real driving until you take one of theses babies out for a spin.

One of the world's best sports cars
By boxstar

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

This is one of the world's greatest sports cars. The handling is both confident and communicative. The steering feedback is fantastic. The chassis is extremely stiff, especially for a convertible. The engine note is intoxicating and the power, although not amazing, is still very strong. More than enough to get you into trouble. It's relatively light compared to it's contemporaries (and the 911). I love this car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Handling, handling, handling. Sound, feel, smell, styling.

For confidence in the engine longevity, I replaced the intermediate shaft bearing, a must on any Porsche between 1997-2008. The plastic rear window will fail eventually.

Never again
By CO_Steve

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

While I agree with all the positive comments about the Boxster my bought new 2000 suffered a bearing failure at 22,000 miles and five years which required total engine replacement. Factory 3/36 had run out. No consideration from Porsche. Known problem. I could have bought many more Porsches in my life but never again.

Looks, handling

Who cares, I'll never buy another Porsche.

There is no substitute!
By Dave

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Bought my car from 2nd owner. Great emerald green color captured my attention. Very fast and handles like what you would expect from a sports car. Always wanted one and bought it now since I can protect it from inclement weather by hiding it in my garage.

Body style. Can't stop looking at it.

The seats, even though sporty, don't allow much comfort for the back. Kind of narrow I guess. The telescopic wheel is OK, but due to the fact that the seats can only go back so far, tilt steering would help. Had to buy a bra to protect the hood paint, which more than likely has too much hardener.

Boxster Spendar
By Peter

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

I bought the Box'r in Feb of 08 with 16000 KM. Always loved Porsche so when I found this low mileage perfect example I bought it on the spot. I put 5500 KM on it last year with not one problem. It is a fun car only (I have a daily driver) which makes this car feel fresh every time I drive it...I love it. It has very good power and the handling characteristics are absolutely unparalleled. I go top down everywhere...favorite time is early in the morning. Best time of year is in the Canadian fall with a good chill in the air with the seat heaters on and the leaves falling...it does not get any better than that!!!!!!!

Its absolute beauty...there has never been an ugly Porsche. Porsche handling, quality, and reliability.

There is no cup holder...I love my coffee.