2000 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Boxster model:
Excellence in Motion
By layedbak1 on 01/02/14 05:16 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Have driven and owned many cars in my life, and this little Boxster is by far the most fun to drive. The only one I have driven that comes close was a 1965 Jag XKE coupe. The only negative was the IMS bearing issue that I noticed before it became a catastrophe, and had replaced with a LN Engineering ceramic ball bearing IMS bearing. Worth every penny. There's nothing like the growl of that boxster engine at 5500 rpms, or the handling on turns. You haven't experienced the pleasure of real driving until you take one of theses babies out for a spin.

One of the world's best sports cars
By boxstar on 05/01/10 08:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

This is one of the world's greatest sports cars. The handling is both confident and communicative. The steering feedback is fantastic. The chassis is extremely stiff, especially for a convertible. The engine note is intoxicating and the power, although not amazing, is still very strong. More than enough to get you into trouble. It's relatively light compared to it's contemporaries (and the 911). I love this car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Never again
By CO_Steve on 03/28/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

While I agree with all the positive comments about the Boxster my bought new 2000 suffered a bearing failure at 22,000 miles and five years which required total engine replacement. Factory 3/36 had run out. No consideration from Porsche. Known problem. I could have bought many more Porsches in my life but never again.

There is no substitute!
By Dave on 10/02/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Bought my car from 2nd owner. Great emerald green color captured my attention. Very fast and handles like what you would expect from a sports car. Always wanted one and bought it now since I can protect it from inclement weather by hiding it in my garage.

Boxster Spendar
By Peter on 05/11/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

I bought the Box'r in Feb of 08 with 16000 KM. Always loved Porsche so when I found this low mileage perfect example I bought it on the spot. I put 5500 KM on it last year with not one problem. It is a fun car only (I have a daily driver) which makes this car feel fresh every time I drive it...I love it. It has very good power and the handling characteristics are absolutely unparalleled. I go top down everywhere...favorite time is early in the morning. Best time of year is in the Canadian fall with a good chill in the air with the seat heaters on and the leaves falling...it does not get any better than that!!!!!!!

My first car
By Boxster986alltheway on 05/18/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

I've driven many sports cars. Though I'm only sixteen, my friends and I drive exotic and expensive cars. Such other cars consist of the Honda s2000, Cadillac cts, and the Audi tt Quattro. However, as fun as these cars are, all of them fade in comparison to the boxster. I myself received a boxster 2.7 for my sweet sixteen. The styling is beautiful, and the performance is unmatched for its class. If you're looking for a fun-to-drive, sporty convertible, THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU.

It's hard to do better.
By Sabastian on 04/30/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

This car was purchased about a month ago with around 34,000 miles on the clock, but I have to say that it feels and drives like a brand new car. The steering is direct and full of feel. The engine pulls urgently from 3,500rpm and sounds fantastic doing it, and the 6-speed manual is a model of precision. The seats are comfortable, and the interior still looks great even eight years after the car was built. I would have no trouble recommending a Boxster S to anyone in the market for a two-seat drop top.

Super-fun car
By Dan Harris on 12/07/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

We live in Eugene Oregon, 45 miles from the coast. That's 45 curvy miles. What an absolute blast it is go there and back. Riding north and south on the coast highway, with the roof off, side windows up, and a little floor heat going - you can't beat it! The handling and accelleration is unbelievable!

Das Gut
By elliotgl on 02/14/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche Boxster S 2dr Convertible

The Boxster is great car - major fault/major advantage is that it can make you feel like you are a much better driver than you really are. The car is almost without vices - but it does go through rear tires as though they were made of butter.

No Regrets
By Danielle on 01/03/07 08:13 AM (PST)

2000 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Owning a Boxster has been everything I thought it would be and more. Nothing beats cruising around with the top down on a beautiful day! I drive my car every day, rain or shine (it's my primary vehicle), and still get psyched each time I see it (it's really mine!) and get inside and start driving. I would recommend definitely getting the car checked out by an independent (not affiliated with the dealer/seller) mechanic before you buy. Although the Boxster is a great car, it's not cheap to own, and you want to make sure the one that you buy is in good shape. I haven't had any major problems with mine, although the top did get stuck in the down position, but was easy and relatively cheap to fix.