1997 Porsche Boxster 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - not only snob appeal

1997 Porsche Boxster - Consumer Review

1997 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

not only snob appeal
By sam kalter on

1997 Porsche Boxster 2dr Convertible

Bought certified used when prices were still firm (high). Not the case w/2-seaters today; makes this car ,or better an "S",great value for the money. This car is a pleasure to live with...notwithstanding the high costs when something does go wrong...it just makes me feel good to get in it...I still stare back at it after almost (5) years but thats how it is with Porsches-and yes, this a real Porsche .p.s.Even w/T.C.,useless in snow p.p.s.go for the full leather interior,a major difference on early models.

Favorite Features

Great to look at, could be the nicest looking roadster ever... a blast to drive, even w/over 80K on the clock. Overall quality.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine(answered on later models)Beware- the early top cables can break:make sure car has ugraded later hardware this can be ugly($2000+)Give the factory credit- they warrenteed the bulk of my repair even though it was was well out or warranty. My dog asks:why does she have to sit on the floor?