Used 1992 Porsche 968 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Porsche 968 - Consumer Reviews

1992 Porsche 968 Coupe

Base 3.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (3 reviews )

Most Helpful|
968 excellence
By MCNETT

1992 Porsche 968 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The 968 is a thinking man's supercar. If you want more than just blistering straight-line acceleration, as well as an exotic sports car at a bargain price, this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

6- speed transmission is a must. The removeable roof gives you the freedom to take advantage of the sunshine without a fragile canvas top.

I love my 968!
By Ronald

1992 Porsche 968 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my 92 Porsche 968 about 9 years ago. I have no regrets. Being a mechanical engineer, I appreciate the design, the handling, the acceleration, the brakes, the fuel economy and the fun to drive nature of this car. I did not baby this car and drove it nearly every day except when I had a knee operation. It has 102,000 miles on it and still runs great. It looks good and I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

Favorite Features

Sporty looks and performance while not guzzling gas.

Suggested Improvements

Ride - The ride is ok for me and good handling but maybe to stiff for my passengers.

Great Value
By Not listed

1992 Porsche 968 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned my 1992 Porsche 968 Cab for three years. Nothing has broken, I've only had to do the normal upkeep. Its build quality is much better than my Mercedes Coupe's! I installed a Promax chip for better torque. It really helps, especially in traffic with the AC on. I purchased it with about 42,000 miles, now it has about 53,000. Its radio was really bad and the top makes a little too much wind noise, but what a car! And yes, the girls do take notice!

Favorite Features

The great build quality, looks, comfort (I'm 6'4"), and reliability. Porsche Club events are great.