Used 1992 Porsche 968 Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Porsche 968 - Consumer Reviews

1992 Porsche 968 Convertible

Base 3.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (1 review )

968 Cabriolet
By Pete968

1992 Porsche 968 Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is my second Porsche. My first, a 928S. The 928 is a more powerful and more luxurios sports car. However, I prefer my 968 because of its agility, design, handling and its practicality. My 968 cabriolet is a 1992 model and is still a head turner some 12 years later. This car was always on my wish list. I saw it in the back while passing a dealership one night and just had to have it. The next morning I took the day off from work and was there before opening with $$$. To all prospective 968 owners: if you are looking for an affordable, reliable Porsche this is the car to get. Sorry guys mine is not for sale. "Porsche There is no Substitute"

Favorite Features

Women love this car. Key features are the 6 speed manual transmission, convertable top, 17" 993 cup wheels with 245 55 17 Pirellis in the rear. Slate Grey Metallic Paint, 3.0 litre variocam engine pushing under 240 HP. The design is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

There are no improvements that I can think of. I think many cars of today still need to catch up in more ways than one.