1990 Porsche 944 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

S2 3.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
944 S2w Cabbie
By 944 S2 Cabbi on 05/03/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I have had a 944S2 Cabbie for 5 years now. It has been re-chipped, de-catted and tuned, the performance is fantastic. 0 60 in 5.5 secs 150 mph (just), 28 mpg, utterly reliable, everywhere you go people comment and ask what model it is. It is not just a classic - it's a master classic. INCREDIBLE VALUE AT £10,000 for the performance - it's amazing. This is the 2nd Porsche I've had, previously a 944 Lux (2,5) - junk in comparison. Insurance group 20, but only £250 fully comp!! There is not another car made I would swap this for, not even a Carrera S 4 - simply too expensive to run. 911's not in the same ballpark, slow and unreliable, overpriced and uncomfortable. A very happy man!

Only thing missing is a cup holder!
By Indy mike on 04/13/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

It is a really fun car to drive. Rare car! You want see one often. Unique. I find it unusual that a 18 year old car that had a sticker price of 50K+ could be selling for $5,000.00 (not! you will not find one in good shape sell for this) I paid $11,000.00 and I think I got a deal. If you are a car nut seek this one out. You won't be disappointed. I was amazed at the comfort of the car. It is small looking, I was worried I would not fit in it, being I'm 6'-2". I do fit well. I would not recommend for anyone taller. If you have not driven 1? Do! Nothing like going down a curvy road at 100+ Handling is a dream. Hugs the road like its attached to it. This car is happiest at about a 100-110. GL

Interesting car
By JOE SMITH on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I have owned the car for more than 3 years. Very nice - but be prepared to TAKE CARE OF THE CAR. This is not a Honda Civic that only needs an oil change. It will need new belts every 30K and extras to make sure she stays in top running condition. With that said ... this car will make you smile :-) every time you drive it. TMF - tooooo much fun!!! The handling is very precise and forgiving if you push beyond the limits. Excelent balance, not a drag racer, a road car - a track car.

Awesome
By DeGrooter on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I've put 6000 miles on my 944 Cab. Now totalling 18,500 miles on the odometer. Best purchase I've ever made. Looks, speed, cornering, style and features are just right. I receive many compliments on this baby that is perfect and also is 13 years old. She sleeps in the winter time, but when the temps are up, and the sun is out, so is she! SSSWEET!!

SSSweet!
By Porschaholic on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I've heard the word more than once since I bought my cabriolet! She's in excellent shape well maintained and number 4 in my list of Porsche's owned.It's fun to drive and nice to look at. Always have a special place in my heart for the 944 style.

You should've bought one
By Big Dan on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I'm one of those lucky few that have a 944S2 that is in pristine condition. I don't care what the "supposed" value is today, to me it is worth a million bucks! The 944S2 Cabriolet design is perfect. It still looks new! I get inquiries all the time as to whether its a new Porsche model. With so few imported into the US, it will always be a special automobile. No complaints at all. If you can still get one in good condition, I suggest you do. You'll love it!

Awesome Vehicle
By Hulfish7 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

I love this car. And, it looks fantastic. The 944 S2 Cab's styling was way ahead of its time. For a car that's over a decade old, it really gets looks from car buffs. People refuse to believe that it's over a decade old. It's a classic already--I doubt there are many left in mint condition. I'm glad I have one of them.

Awesome Porsche
By Jimmy Smith on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Porsche 944 Convertible S2 2dr Convertible

The baby does everything right. She unloads on you and drives like there's no tommorrow. If I were you I would go out and try to find one and buy it ASAP.