Used 1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Porsche 928 - Consumer Reviews

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback

Base 5.0L V8 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

928 - like dating a [violative content deleted]
By winchesterjoe

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback 2dr Coupe

i have had three 928s. Fell in lust with the first one I saw. Itwas actually the highest mileage oldest and most reliable. They are gorgeous - drive like a dream - fit like a glove - turn heads and are a nightmare mechanically. My last 928 was an S-4 low mileage black on black on black with lots of special add ons and custom features. Unfortunately the Porsche dealer in my city is sleazy and the next best mechanic was an outright crook. I am a pretty damn competent mechanic myself - having done a complete top end on my last model 91 - but they are a mechanical nightmare and totally unreliable - constantly neeeding professional attention. Never again! Not even a 'bargain'

Favorite Features

Looks looks looks also a good perfomer - WHEN it works, and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

belt timing is poor and relatively short lived Battery is a potential nightmare to service and replace Parts are OBSECNELY expensive Service facilities are traditionally arrogant overpriced and snobish If it was made by Toyota - I would still have one

Front Engine Fun
By Chris

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car has a fun, exciting, balanced ride. It delivers awesome front engine power, is reliable, and has very elegant lines.

Favorite Features

The 8-cylinder power provides exhilarating acceleration with relaxing leather comfort.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best GT Car Ever
By Neeginan

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Fast, fun, comfortable and reliable. I have put 35,000 miles on this car in three years. After fixing the known issues from when I purchased the car, it has been very reliable. I have taken the car to various Porsche Owners Club driver's Ed events on local race tracks. The car really shows it's potential on the track. The limits of the car are so much higher than you would expect driving on the street. Extensive aftermarket parts support available. Don't source parts from Porsche, you can buy the same parts much cheaper online.

Favorite Features

Power. Comfort. Design. Unique vehicle that attracts stares wherever you go. Many people ask me if it is a new Porsche. They almost fall over when I tell them that it is 14 years old. Timeless design. Interior styling was copied by many since.

Suggested Improvements

Stock stereo system lacks bass.

Cliff's 1991 Porsche 928
By Cliff Preston

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback 2dr Coupe

A wonderful car. This is my 3rd 928 and they have all been great cars..I think they are the finest car that was ever built. They are the best that I have ever had at least, and I have had a number of cars over the last 50 years. I have driven this particular car for 11 years and it is still as good as when I bought it.

Favorite Features

The power, ride and reliability are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

None, I wouldn't want to change a thing. It's a proven design. I only wish they were still importing them in the U.S.

Cliff's 91 Porsche 928
By Cliff Preston

1991 Porsche 928 Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd 928 I've owned and Iloved every one of them. I think it'sthe best car that was ever made. I bought them all used.

Favorite Features

Very reliable, comfortable, safe and powerful.

Suggested Improvements

None necessary. Just import them to U.S again