1991 Porsche 928 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )
928 - like dating a [violative content deleted]
By winchesterjoe on 10/22/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

1991 Porsche 928 2dr Coupe

i have had three 928s. Fell in lust with the first one I saw. Itwas actually the highest mileage oldest and most reliable. They are gorgeous - drive like a dream - fit like a glove - turn heads and are a nightmare mechanically. My last 928 was an S-4 low mileage black on black on black with lots of special add ons and custom features. Unfortunately the Porsche dealer in my city is sleazy and the next best mechanic was an outright crook. I am a pretty damn competent mechanic myself - having done a complete top end on my last model 91 - but they are a mechanical nightmare and totally unreliable - constantly neeeding professional attention. Never again! Not even a 'bargain'

Front Engine Fun
By Chris on 12/22/06 13:23 PM (PST)

1991 Porsche 928 2dr Coupe

This car has a fun, exciting, balanced ride. It delivers awesome front engine power, is reliable, and has very elegant lines.

Best GT Car Ever
By Neeginan on 06/29/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

1991 Porsche 928 2dr Coupe

Fast, fun, comfortable and reliable. I have put 35,000 miles on this car in three years. After fixing the known issues from when I purchased the car, it has been very reliable. I have taken the car to various Porsche Owners Club driver's Ed events on local race tracks. The car really shows it's potential on the track. The limits of the car are so much higher than you would expect driving on the street. Extensive aftermarket parts support available. Don't source parts from Porsche, you can buy the same parts much cheaper online.

Cliff's 1991 Porsche 928
By Cliff Preston on 04/21/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Porsche 928 2dr Coupe

A wonderful car. This is my 3rd 928 and they have all been great cars..I think they are the finest car that was ever built. They are the best that I have ever had at least, and I have had a number of cars over the last 50 years. I have driven this particular car for 11 years and it is still as good as when I bought it.

Cliff's 91 Porsche 928
By Cliff Preston on 01/23/05 21:04 PM (PST)

1991 Porsche 928 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd 928 I've owned and Iloved every one of them. I think it'sthe best car that was ever made. I bought them all used.