Used 2014 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2014 Porsche 911 Coupe

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

It's a street-able race car, not a Bentley
By 911 Jack

2014 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo S 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

You don't buy any 911 thinking it's a practical family car! It's an expensive car that costs a lot for parts, service, etc. I've had 2, both 2014 a CarerraS and a Turbo S. I have never had 1 problem!! I was sent to the Porsche drivers school and found out the cars were all brand new (when I was there) and here's the break in: turn them over to student drivers who don't know proper track driving and drive the cr@p out of them. I was told they sell them to selected dealers with full warranty/extended if the buyer purchases it, and all they do is change the oil and tires. Their purchasers know of this arrangement and there is apparently a waiting list for these cars. To me that spoke volumes. My turbo at the track had 139 miles on it (I could be confusing models) and there was not 1 issue the entire day I was there. If you can afford the price and the prices that go along with such a car, IMHO you can't beat the experience if you like German sports cars. My dealership has an incredibly high repeat customer base. If the cars were "bad" none of the above would be true. I'm sure there are not so great cars that get built, but to act like this is the norm is just wrong. Again I own 2 2014s, and have driven them to death. I bought a Macan based on my 911 experience and while I've only had it a few months, it is built like a tank, with a surprisingly comfortable ride.

991 buyer beware
By Robert

2014 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 7M)

If you lease this car,you can get ride of it due to Porsche 12 month pull ahead program..in 15 months of ownership,my front seat came u stitched twice..PCM replaced twice,low oil light came on engine over heating,on way home from dealer,poor Bluetooth..really only works with I phone..which I got for car!! Finally when I turned on heat..NONE..zero...about as bad as my 1982 911sc with heater boxes..I raced to dealer ASAP pulled ahead and went back to boxster S....so much better...more fun..the stiff ride due to 46PSI rear tires made every crack feel like a pothole..BANG!! Boxster quiet ...for price difference..the Boxster is 40K Less..and has 50% more trunk...BTW..there are great deals on boxsters here in conn./Ny..Mine listed at 83k..leased at 69k..only $114.00 down.not a misprint ..7500 miles a year Including maintain program thru Porsche...including all taxes..$844.95 pm..residue $50400.00..I had two dealers at this price...
(1200.00 cost)

911 Carrera Base Model/Not worth it/Go elsewhere!
By DAVE

2014 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 7M)

They talk about heritage, everyday daily driver, prestige, bla bla bla. But unbeknownst to all your daily consumers, The 911's that are worth looking into are ones that are unaffordable to your typical middle class business man such as myself.

My particular car was packaged with 20 inch S wheels, 14 way seats, bose, and sunroof. Being a BMW person, I wanted to try something different. After test driving the base 911, it seemed more than adequate. But what I learned later on was this car absolutely sucked!

This car was absolutely the worst purchase ever. The lack of TECH, Comfort, Service, and Performance made me dread the payment and the drive every single day.

Here's the breakdown:

TECH: The car has none. The user interface is so outdated that it made my sister's entry level Lexus look like a futuristic car. Navigation is useless, all buttons are very small and hard to identify, front gauges are blocked by the steering wheel, making it difficult to see how much gas you have and such. Automatic Start stop actually eats more gas then it saves, and for such an expensive car, you would think that at least parking sensors would come standard.

Comfort: NONE. It would be idiotic to take this on a long distance trip. You will find your lower back and legs feeling very sore. Getting out of the vehicle is straining and frustrating.

Service: NONE. There is no complimentary service whatsoever, and warranty only lasts for two years. Also car requires service every 10k miles so you will find yourself visiting the stealership or mechanic quite often, spending a lot of money.

Performance: The base 911 is not what it claims. at 350 HP and a light body weight, it is underachieving. I went head on with a BMW 335i Coupe and got burned. Literally. Gas consumption is worse then my SUV. No need to elaborate there.

Don't get me wrong, if you're in the market for a Porsche 911, its a fantastic car. But just be sure not to get brand new base model. It is way smarter to purchase a pre-owned S or Turbo.

Nowadays, the competition eats base 911's for breakfast. Other factory tuned cars come Cheaper,smarter, faster, comfortable, and nicer looking.

Final thoughts, buy used. Do not lease or purchase new. And be sure to test drive the competition.