2012 Porsche 911 Consumer Review: My New 2012-- 911 Carrerra S P

2012 Porsche 911 - Consumer Review

Carrera S (Midyear Redesign) Coupe (3.8L 6-cyl. 7-speed Manual)

My New 2012-- 911 Carrerra S PDK Coupe
By motorhead22 on

2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 7M)

I really want to drive this car to California, or at least to the track at Lime Rock. This car puts a grin on me from ear to ear. I was hesitant when I traded my 09 Turbo stick coupe for this PDK 911S Coupe, but I am totally pleased with the decision.No regrets. Its a better more sophisticated car. Far less of a go kart, much more stable, smooth and luxurious. Did I say fast, oh yes..useable fast and snarly when you push it.The front end is no longer bouncy and light. Far better exhaust note, like a ferrari, with pops, blips,growls and attitude. The PDK is impressive, and in sport plus it rocks The elec steering feels great. Rock solid and a snake in the turns. This is a drivers car!

The upgraded new interior;Sport steering wheel with paddles; Jr. Bently feel inside the cabin; Exhaust sound; solid ride, handling and manners;sport plus mode. No need for upgrading suspension on S, just get sport Chrono; 18 way adaptive seats; My 5th 911 and (2 turbos) and this is the winner.No stock porsche ever sounded this intoxicating when pushed. Driving this car makes you feel great, and want to drive it more, not garage and polish it.

Price went up and that is unpleasant. There is no open spot for my i Phone or any phone in the center console. I put it in the door pocket or closed center console armrest and always forget it. Does anyone at Porsche use a cell phone? Come on Porsche, include some things that Hyundai does, like parking sensors, rear camera, electric folding mirrors, dimming mirrors,sunroof,heated seats, electric seats?? Garage door links.Sat radio. All extra with this $100K base price car. Mine was a $116K coupe.