Used 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S (Midyear Redesign) Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Porsche 911 Coupe

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

911 coupe s (991 version with PDK)
By rad97

2012 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 7M)

What a nice car! I have had the previous version with both cabriolet and coupe s and this version is significantly better than both. It's like having 2 cars in one. If you want to push it, it's a Porsche and responds instantly. If you want to drive sedately, then it can be comfortable and composed. The new steering and suspension are top notch; not too stiff, but keeps the car flat when pushed. The PDK is the best; forget about the manual. Only downsides are the price and no place for your sunglasses or phone. User interface is also not the easiest with the touchscreen, but that's just nitpicking. If you can afford it get it.

Favorite Features

The driving experience, period.

Suggested Improvements

As above: high price, no sunglass/phone holders, not the easiest touchscreen interface. Why does a $125K car need start/stop, brake regeneration, cylinder deactivation when coasting etc.? If you can afford this car, do you really care about the gas mileage? All of these gas saving features only improve the mpg from maybe 20 to 21 mpg. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

My New 2012-- 911 Carrerra S PDK Coupe
By motorhead22

2012 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 7M)

I really want to drive this car to California, or at least to the track at Lime Rock. This car puts a grin on me from ear to ear. I was hesitant when I traded my 09 Turbo stick coupe for this PDK 911S Coupe, but I am totally pleased with the decision.No regrets. Its a better more sophisticated car. Far less of a go kart, much more stable, smooth and luxurious. Did I say fast, oh yes..useable fast and snarly when you push it.The front end is no longer bouncy and light. Far better exhaust note, like a ferrari, with pops, blips,growls and attitude. The PDK is impressive, and in sport plus it rocks The elec steering feels great. Rock solid and a snake in the turns. This is a drivers car!

Favorite Features

The upgraded new interior;Sport steering wheel with paddles; Jr. Bently feel inside the cabin; Exhaust sound; solid ride, handling and manners;sport plus mode. No need for upgrading suspension on S, just get sport Chrono; 18 way adaptive seats; My 5th 911 and (2 turbos) and this is the winner.No stock porsche ever sounded this intoxicating when pushed. Driving this car makes you feel great, and want to drive it more, not garage and polish it.

Suggested Improvements

Price went up and that is unpleasant. There is no open spot for my i Phone or any phone in the center console. I put it in the door pocket or closed center console armrest and always forget it. Does anyone at Porsche use a cell phone? Come on Porsche, include some things that Hyundai does, like parking sensors, rear camera, electric folding mirrors, dimming mirrors,sunroof,heated seats, electric seats?? Garage door links.Sat radio. All extra with this $100K base price car. Mine was a $116K coupe.