Used 2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Great Car
By Reek

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Came from an 04 BMW M3 w/ SMG. That was a great car but SMG was primitive. Porsche is more comfortable and seems to handle better. Also quicker to accelerate. BMW was more "involved". More mechanical and more intense. Porsche is more relaxed but simply responds the more it is pushed. Overall a better performing car. BMW was "edgy" so seemed to be a real performance car...a race car for the street. Porsche seems more sophisticated. I really need to adjust my attitude. The feeling is the limits of the car are far beyond anything I can (safely) approach on the street. I need more time, then I will hang the tail out on some turns. An amazing automobile.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine and acceleration. Great shifter. Handling is superb.

Suggested Improvements

Even my wife's and my daughter's Hondas have iPod access. And thicker steering wheels. EVERYTHING is an option. I'm surprised it had a motor.

Amazing!
By James A

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Not one problem after 9 months. I love driving it and love how it looks!

Favorite Features

Performance, styling, interior.

Suggested Improvements

None.

I want to leave a 10 review but...
By JOHN ON LONG ISLAND

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I Bought this car brand new about 3 months ago. I love the car.. it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.. Although lately. its a little more difficult to smile. 1st problem.. water in the tail lights. (condensation) but ALOT.. Second.. My Cell phone will not link to the car's system. Its a $400 phone. don't understand why its not compatible. I'm pretty good with electronics and the simple directions were clear to understand in the manual. Third problem. it will not learn my Garage Door Code.? Today, The Radio seems like the antenna disconnected. its not tuning in clearly on any station. I hope this car wasn't built on a Friday..:(

Favorite Features

The Looks. The Speed. The handling.

Suggested Improvements

I know its a lazy request. But I really miss Auto Headlamps. Also the Plastic interior light switches seem cheap and flimsy for a $100K+ car. A Manual on how to get in and out of the car would be nice too! ha ha... Hey! its a Porsche! i still LOVE IT!

Silky smooth!
By aferrell

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in 07 Boxster S, loved that car but the Carrera coupe offers more room for driver and passenger. My last 911 was a '70 E, and this new one is totally different. Great driver, handling is awesome.

Favorite Features

DFI engine and PDK. PDK took a little getting used to; clutch engagement was a little testy at first. Engine and xmission are really smooth, and I really like the flexibility to use the PDK in either automatic or manual mode.

Suggested Improvements

I'm used to the clutch engagement now, but it needs some improvement.

A 911 is the ultimate for purists
By roger Bassetti

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 911 continues to represent an exhilarating experience for a sports car purist. The driver comfort issue becomes a moot issue when the driver gets behind the wheel. I find excuses to drive the 911 because of its unrivaled performance and "fun to drive" quotient. This is not a car which is designed to put you asleep. Rather, it is a car which responds to your every wish and performs as if it is an extension of your own psyche. Ferry Porsche had it right; build the 911 based upon racing performance.

Favorite Features

The PDK transmission responds to all types of sports car enthusiasts. If you are in heavy traffic, tired, and bored, use the automatic. If you want to fly, use the standard.

Suggested Improvements

A new 911 engine can use a lot of oil. Although the dealers will tell you a new 911 needs an oil change only once a year, I have found that 911's need to be checked every six months. Mine was down a quart after six months. Big deal, instrument panel warns you and dealer adds the quart, no charge.