2009 Porsche 911 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
Great Car
By Reek on 06/04/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Came from an 04 BMW M3 w/ SMG. That was a great car but SMG was primitive. Porsche is more comfortable and seems to handle better. Also quicker to accelerate. BMW was more "involved". More mechanical and more intense. Porsche is more relaxed but simply responds the more it is pushed. Overall a better performing car. BMW was "edgy" so seemed to be a real performance car...a race car for the street. Porsche seems more sophisticated. I really need to adjust my attitude. The feeling is the limits of the car are far beyond anything I can (safely) approach on the street. I need more time, then I will hang the tail out on some turns. An amazing automobile.

Amazing!
By James A on 04/30/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Not one problem after 9 months. I love driving it and love how it looks!

I want to leave a 10 review but...
By JOHN ON LONG ISLAND on 03/15/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I Bought this car brand new about 3 months ago. I love the car.. it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.. Although lately. its a little more difficult to smile. 1st problem.. water in the tail lights. (condensation) but ALOT.. Second.. My Cell phone will not link to the car's system. Its a $400 phone. don't understand why its not compatible. I'm pretty good with electronics and the simple directions were clear to understand in the manual. Third problem. it will not learn my Garage Door Code.? Today, The Radio seems like the antenna disconnected. its not tuning in clearly on any station. I hope this car wasn't built on a Friday..:(

Silky smooth!
By aferrell on 12/09/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in 07 Boxster S, loved that car but the Carrera coupe offers more room for driver and passenger. My last 911 was a '70 E, and this new one is totally different. Great driver, handling is awesome.

A 911 is the ultimate for purists
By roger Bassetti on 11/17/09 14:14 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 911 continues to represent an exhilarating experience for a sports car purist. The driver comfort issue becomes a moot issue when the driver gets behind the wheel. I find excuses to drive the 911 because of its unrivaled performance and "fun to drive" quotient. This is not a car which is designed to put you asleep. Rather, it is a car which responds to your every wish and performs as if it is an extension of your own psyche. Ferry Porsche had it right; build the 911 based upon racing performance.

Great ride, poor quality and reliability
By david on 11/08/09 20:01 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Leased a car in April of 2009. After 1,500 miles had to replace a front strut. After it was replaced there appeared an annoying shaking and vibration in the steering wheel. Went to 2 different dealerships and no one can fix the problem. Otherwise, car offers amazing ride, especially in Sport mode. Recommend this car if you do not mind spending at the service shop at least twice a month.

Turbo is Top
By NPD on 08/17/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Hyperspace performance coupled with supreme handling, comfort and practicality. This vehicle is simply sublime. It draws a straight line through the laws of physics and laughs in the face of Italian Supercars, American muscle and Japanese wannabes. Untouchable!

Smilin' and Drivin'
By sd on 07/01/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome vehicle! Just got it and still breaking it in. Got a great deal on a new 09'c2s 6-sp. As opposed to many exotics, it is fairly low maintenance (annual or 12k), good on gas (~20-25 mpg), can hold 2 small kids in the rear fairly comfortably for short trips (?family car, ha ha ha..), and reliability.

2009 - 911 Carrera S with PDK
By Phil on 02/23/09 16:43 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Being my first Porsche, it truly lives up to my expectations of a Premium Sports Car. The exterior design/look, as well as handling in combination with the "instant" acceleration available is truly fantastic. The PDK, along with the heated/ventilated seats and upgraded Bose sound system, make this car one that I always look forward to driving every day. The dealership and salesman that I worked with was extremely professional and did not apply any pressure to sell me a car even in light of this tough economy. They had no problem with me discussing maintenance issues directly with the mechanic staff and reviewing the prep work order/paperwork on the vehicle that I ultimately chose.

Fantastic Ride
By billsquared on 02/07/09 10:04 AM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Coupe Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first Porsche. The build quality is excellent and the ride is surprisingly comfortable for a sports car. We have the standard suspension with 18"wheels. Our has the PDK transmission which is extremely smooth in shifting. Fuel efficiency is 27-29 on the highway. As a daily commuter, it blends both comfort and fun.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Porsche 911 Coupe in VA is:

$154 per month*