2009 Porsche 911 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
2009 911 S COnvertible
By drew0626 on 10/01/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car was fun for a while, but it is a maintenance headache and the build quality is poor. Everything is ridiculously expensive to fix, and things go wrong all the time. The car had electrical problems because apparently the car (convertible) is not designed to deal with leaves (which clogged the drains ). Really, leaves?? Never had these issues with numerous other convertibles. The trim is cheap and the the lether just wears off from low use (I have less than 20K miles on it). Now the latest: my tail light went out. They tell me it is not just a bulb but is soldered and as such requires replacement of the tail light assembly at a cost of over $1000 (not a typo) ...crazy!

Adrenaline?
By Drew on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used but low miles. I've read that performance actually improves after 5k miles when the engine is broken in. After some deliberation, decided to get the pdk with sport chrono package. Glad I did. Took it on some backroads where we could open it up. Put it in sport mode, punched it. Wow. Nothing like I'd ever experienced. My girlfriend took a turn, decided to try "launch mode." put it in sport plus mode. Foot on the break, she revs the engine, the car is lurching, wanting to go. She reluctantly pushes the tach to 6500 rpm, car is screaming. The console lights up "launch mode active" and off we go. It takes about 15 minutes to get her blood pressure back to normal.

The best car
By Victor on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had several cars Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and always I return to the best car - Porsche. All the Porsche line cars are great!

Awesome
By Earfool on 06/28/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I have never enjoyed drive a vehicle as much as my 911. The acceleration is as sophisticated as one would expect from a Porsche. It's only a beast when you want it to be.

coming home
By carguy on 03/29/10 12:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought a new 09 911S cab. Had an 08 911S cab but traded it on an M3 cab at the end of 08. Since had an 09 Jag xk cab and an 09 Jag xkr cab (ok, call me crazy with all these cars). But getting back in this 911S is like coming home. First thing I did was take a cloverleaf onto a highway at 70 mph without leaning and quickly realized what I had been missing. Jag xkr has more curb appeal, but this is just the perfect car, especially with a six speed. Car is much quicker than my 08...clear improvements to the 997 and 1/2. My wife doesn't believe that I will keep this car for a long while given my history, but I will win this bet. I am home.

09 C2 Cab (6 spd)
By HappyHour on 02/02/10 20:57 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Porsche. Originally, looked at remaining '08 Boxsters then '08 911s and came away with great deal on '09 911. No problems other than speed limits and not being able to push to limits. I tried the PDK and it is sweet, but not engaging enough, so went with manual 6spd. Steering is precise, power is not overwhelming in the base model, but sufficient overall. Very comfortable as daily driver. Has been thirsty for oil; about a quart per 1000 miles.

Even better than what you imagine
By Northwest 911 on 11/23/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4S 2dr Convertible AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just got my 2009 C4S coupe and it is just absolutely awesome. Very tight build, not rattle or hum that doesn't belong. Very much as one reviewer said - Clark Kent around town and easy going, a raging hulk when you want it to be. I've got the stick and it is really fun to drive and also helps you from going 90 around town without realizing it. If you've been wanting a Porsche and considering a sports car I can't make a higher recommendation. Take from a guy who just got his first one after 30 years of dreaming - even better live and in person!

Great car
By craig on 10/20/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Had an '05 Boxster S. Bought this car with full leather, navigation, blue tooth, xm and bigger wheels. Great car and a lot of fun. Appreciate the higher performance but comes with a significantly higher price and less everyday livability vs. Boxster. Miss the rear trunk for golf clubs.

Just fun to drive
By Rich on 10/03/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st sports car and 1st convertible. I am very happy with my choice. Looks great, drives great, handles great and sounds great. PDK is the best tranny to date. Blows the DCT in BMW away. I should have gotten the steering wheel mounted controls, but other than that everything is perfect. In sports mode, this is an excellent sports car. Should be able to default the car to this setting vs. normal. Convertible top is quick, smooth and quiet. Has all of the amenities of a luxury car (provided you pay for them) and they all work well. Like they say, "Porsche, there is no substitute."

Dream Car meets expectations
By Canyon Crusing on 09/29/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Convertible Carrera 4 2dr Convertible AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Porsche ('87 Carrera Cab and then a 2000 Boxster which I gave to my son-he still has and it's in mint condition- not a ding on it). I love the car, the power, fit and finish. The new display for navigation, XM etc. is easy to use as is the multi-function steering wheel. The ride is much better than expected. Porsche really put it all together with the new DFI engine; PDK and cosmetic updates. And the car is simply gorgeous with the top up or down. Definitely a keeper. I have driven it way more than I thought I would...it's more than just a weekend car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Porsche 911 Convertible in VA is:

$142 per month*