2009 Porsche 911 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:
2009 911 S COnvertible
By drew0626 on 10/01/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car was fun for a while, but it is a maintenance headache and the build quality is poor. Everything is ridiculously expensive to fix, and things go wrong all the time. The car had electrical problems because apparently the car (convertible) is not designed to deal with leaves (which clogged the drains ). Really, leaves?? Never had these issues with numerous other convertibles. The trim is cheap and the the lether just wears off from low use (I have less than 20K miles on it). Now the latest: my tail light went out. They tell me it is not just a bulb but is soldered and as such requires replacement of the tail light assembly at a cost of over $1000 (not a typo) ...crazy!

Adrenaline?
By Drew on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought it used but low miles. I've read that performance actually improves after 5k miles when the engine is broken in. After some deliberation, decided to get the pdk with sport chrono package. Glad I did. Took it on some backroads where we could open it up. Put it in sport mode, punched it. Wow. Nothing like I'd ever experienced. My girlfriend took a turn, decided to try "launch mode." put it in sport plus mode. Foot on the break, she revs the engine, the car is lurching, wanting to go. She reluctantly pushes the tach to 6500 rpm, car is screaming. The console lights up "launch mode active" and off we go. It takes about 15 minutes to get her blood pressure back to normal.

The best car
By Victor on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had several cars Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and always I return to the best car - Porsche. All the Porsche line cars are great!

Awesome
By Earfool on 06/28/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. I have never enjoyed drive a vehicle as much as my 911. The acceleration is as sophisticated as one would expect from a Porsche. It's only a beast when you want it to be.

Great Car
By Reek on 06/04/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Came from an 04 BMW M3 w/ SMG. That was a great car but SMG was primitive. Porsche is more comfortable and seems to handle better. Also quicker to accelerate. BMW was more "involved". More mechanical and more intense. Porsche is more relaxed but simply responds the more it is pushed. Overall a better performing car. BMW was "edgy" so seemed to be a real performance car...a race car for the street. Porsche seems more sophisticated. I really need to adjust my attitude. The feeling is the limits of the car are far beyond anything I can (safely) approach on the street. I need more time, then I will hang the tail out on some turns. An amazing automobile.

Amazing!
By James A on 04/30/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. Not one problem after 9 months. I love driving it and love how it looks!

coming home
By carguy on 03/29/10 12:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought a new 09 911S cab. Had an 08 911S cab but traded it on an M3 cab at the end of 08. Since had an 09 Jag xk cab and an 09 Jag xkr cab (ok, call me crazy with all these cars). But getting back in this 911S is like coming home. First thing I did was take a cloverleaf onto a highway at 70 mph without leaning and quickly realized what I had been missing. Jag xkr has more curb appeal, but this is just the perfect car, especially with a six speed. Car is much quicker than my 08...clear improvements to the 997 and 1/2. My wife doesn't believe that I will keep this car for a long while given my history, but I will win this bet. I am home.

I want to leave a 10 review but...
By JOHN ON LONG ISLAND on 03/15/10 17:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I Bought this car brand new about 3 months ago. I love the car.. it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.. Although lately. its a little more difficult to smile. 1st problem.. water in the tail lights. (condensation) but ALOT.. Second.. My Cell phone will not link to the car's system. Its a $400 phone. don't understand why its not compatible. I'm pretty good with electronics and the simple directions were clear to understand in the manual. Third problem. it will not learn my Garage Door Code.? Today, The Radio seems like the antenna disconnected. its not tuning in clearly on any station. I hope this car wasn't built on a Friday..:(

09 C2 Cab (6 spd)
By HappyHour on 02/02/10 20:57 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Porsche. Originally, looked at remaining '08 Boxsters then '08 911s and came away with great deal on '09 911. No problems other than speed limits and not being able to push to limits. I tried the PDK and it is sweet, but not engaging enough, so went with manual 6spd. Steering is precise, power is not overwhelming in the base model, but sufficient overall. Very comfortable as daily driver. Has been thirsty for oil; about a quart per 1000 miles.

Silky smooth!
By aferrell on 12/09/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in 07 Boxster S, loved that car but the Carrera coupe offers more room for driver and passenger. My last 911 was a '70 E, and this new one is totally different. Great driver, handling is awesome.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Porsche 911 in VA is:

$142 per month*