Lives Up To The Dream Of A 10-year-old
By str8line on
2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
As a youth my father and I never missed stopping at the Porsche dealer while driving by. I had a love affair with the guards red 911 that seemed to always be on the showroom floor. When in 1979 my dad finally purchased a 911 (930 model)Turbo I reveled in its incredible rocket ship abilities. He sold it when I was 13, but the 3 years he had it made the Porsche 911 my dream car. As a self-made and relatively poor young man I was all but resigned to the fact that a 911 in anything other than a used and older variant just would not be in the cards for me. Skip to Feb. 2008 and I have the good fortune of being shocked every time I enter my garage by the sight of a black 2008 911 Carrera S!
Favorite Features
I know it's a cliche, but I love how the car feels like it is an extension of yourself. It is very easy to drive at or near its limit. Most surprising to me is the ride quality over bumps, it is actually comfortable! I drive it daily with my two kids in the back(3 & 5)and it has exceeded my dreams.
Suggested Improvements
An easier GPS/audio interface but that is just nit-picking. The 911 is like a flawless gemstone.